Gunco Forums banner

7.62X25 pistol conversion

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  nutznboltz 
#1 ·
Finally recalled that Ruger offered the P85 9mm with a 30 caliber Luger conversion barrel. Shorter than the tok round but still the possibility is there. Googling showed a 1911 in 9mm or 38 super could be done also. I'm hoping to get there. Just cause I want to:naughty:

#2 ·
be sure to post up some pix...

ive converted a lot of guns to TOK.

first thing to know is that if its a regular 9mm luger... the magazine is too short(front to back) to feed TOK.

9x19 vs x25 just cant get it to squeeze that far.

now if you have a 38 super? then you can go TOK & 9mm

like this one (not a ruger... but you get the idea):

#4 ·
At this point I guess the AR will be the way to go. Got a decent size box of CZ26 magazines so ehh,why not? It's been a good thought process but I think it might be time to change direction on this one for now.

#8 ·
YES. that is a RIA in 38 super as the "base" gun .. then i bought the conversion kit from KristoferG.

Kristofer is "the" master gunsmith for J&J guns that you see on all the sites. fine young guy with great skills. he actually came up with the conversion & then i talked him into making it available to WG members back in 2009-10ish...

he had the barrels made & the kit contained barrel, springs & you just swap em as you like.

being that this was a RIA gun, i tore it down & polished all the edges & deburred it. runs perfect.

#11 ·
have TT33's & M57s... for me its about building & having something different.

for lots of the other guys who did these? it was about them loving the 1911 platform & wanting this... in that.

we can all buy guns any day of the week. its cheaper to buy than build now days for regular run of the mill stuff.... but custom stuff you still have to build if you want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.