Gunco Forums banner

Nile Crocodiles

594 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Mr 4thIDvet. I just read an article that there are now Nile Crocodiles in the Everglades. Have you seen any? The news media says 3 have been captured. I was wondering if they taste any different than the regular ones. Just teasing. But what have you heard about them?

#5 ·
"Nile crocodiles slither into South Florida"

"FORT LAUDERDALE — Step aside, Burmese python — you may no longer be Florida's scariest invasive species."

"Researchers have confirmed that three Nile crocodiles were captured near Miami, and they say it's possible more of the man-eating reptiles are still out there, although no one can say for sure."

"Krysko and his co-authors just published a paper showing that DNA testing proved the three animals captured in 2009, 2011 and 2014 are Nile crocs, a species whose males grow to over 16 feet long and weigh upward of 1,600 pounds."

Nile crocodiles slither into South Florida - Orlando Sentinel

Don the American Croc lives way down in the southern tip of Florida and is smaller than this new Nile Croc. Now they have found a few of these big guys it seems. How did they get their? Hell anyone down here who gets tired of their exotic pet just heave it in the everglades it will thrive. We still have monkeys here from the filming of Tarzan movies a bit to my west here and you thought Jonny Weissmuller was in Africa? Some was close ups and swinging in trees was right here.
If they found 3 their is more we can bet on that. Like STG says "good maybe they will eat the pythons." :)

Reactions: Tommo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.