Gunco Forums banner

Democrats Made AR-15 Popular: Gun Sales “Driven By The Ban Concept”

737 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  nutznboltz 
#1 ·
Democrats Made AR-15 Popular: Gun Sales “Driven By The Ban Concept”

Ever wonder if all the anti-gun rhetoric isn’t just a grand reverse-psychology trick?

After all, perhaps there is a reason that Barack Obama has been branded the world’s greatest gun salesman.

That’s the feeling that gun dealer, historian and author Martin KA Morgan has developed – after watching Americans turn feverishly towards buying up semi-automatic “assault weapons” in the wake of Clinton’s 1994 assault weapons ban.

Before that? Hardly anybody was focused on or buying these guns, and there wasn’t much to say about them.

via the London Guardian:

US author and historian says allure of the taboo may explain why measures such as the 1994 assault weapon ban led to an explosion in popularity

When Martin KA Morgan was a kid in the 1970s, military-style rifles were only a “small sliver” of the firearms market in the United States.

More than twenty years later, Morgan said, American firearm ownership has been radically transformed. “Semi-automatic, magazine-fed rifles – they dominate the market,” he said.
READ MORE

See less See more
Reactions: railbuggy
#4 ·
There I was shooting an AR15 in an indoor range. It was a 9mm one. I never even thought I would ever own one.

I was at the GUN show one day. I saw a set of uppers on some racks out there on a table. So, what the Hell, I picked up a Rock River Arms complete 9mm upper. No form 4473 for that one. It had a complete 9mm bolt carrier already in there with a charging handle.

I found out that a 9mm Ar15 had to use a special hammer so I found one of those already fabbed up there at this show too.

Got these parts home and laid them out on the work table where I build. HUMMM...

Got on line and found some guys over on Weaponeer.net selling 80% lowers. Picked up a half dozen of them for the Hell of it.

Found a DPMS lower trigger group on the net. Already had the modified hammer though.

Also needed a mag well adapter to make UZI mags function in the AR15 lower from Rock River Arms. Plus, they already had a 9mm mag done which was available. So, I ordered one of them.

We had a Bridgeport verticle milling machine at work. So, I knew they loved it when I would show up on Saturdays out to work. Free access to all of the metal working machines. :) So, I got one of the 80% lowers marked up and went in to machine one on a Saturday afternoon.

The next day, I was over at the TOP GUN indoor air conditioned range here in Houston, Texas putting some 9mm rounds through that finished running rifle.

:) LIFE IS GOOD!

#5 ·
oh this just boosted the sales & prices again... its unfortunate but true.

tradgey always means a profit for someone & in this case the big manufactures are gonna profit for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.