Gunco Forums banner

New Ammo factory going in = West Virginia!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  555th 
#1 ·
Reactions: Tommo and 4thIDvet
#6 ·
I second that! I am actually finding several retailers that now have .22 out on the shelves, but it is all the 10 cents a round and up stuff. I guess the saturation point for .22 at that price point has been reached. At least until the next panic hits. But at least you can actually buy some as needed instead of grabbing what you can IF you find any.

WalMart is about the only retailer who still gets some of the less than 5 cents a round stuff in, and of course they still sell out within minutes. How I miss the good old days, when they had a pile of the 550 rd bulk packs stacked by the register for $8... heck I'd settle for the not so good old days when they were $15!

#5 ·
Tim,

they make the Olympics ammo & they are currently making a custom "tuneable" type of round along with lots of other HP cartridges... but they did not say if they made regular 22lr or intended to at this location..

one of the good things the guy said was that they "planned" on putting out enough ammo that they could bring the price of their premium stuff down to be comparable to "generic"

now those were his words at the big shindig... will any of it happen that way? i dunno.

#7 ·
Tim,

they make the Olympics ammo & they are currently making a custom "tuneable" type of round along with lots of other HP cartridges... but they did not say if they made regular 22lr or intended to at this location..

one of the good things the guy said was that they "planned" on putting out enough ammo that they could bring the price of their premium stuff down to be comparable to "generic"
now those were his words at the big shindig... will any of it happen that way? i dunno.
The equivalent of Federal Gold Medal Match .308 at $12 a box? Sign me up!!!

#8 ·
yeah i hear ya... i saw/heard the words be said to a fairly large crowd... but whether it actually happens or not? i dunno.

#9 ·
I was lucky enough to be in walmart a couple months ago while they were stocking the shelves and actually got 22lr at retail. Last month I read about the huge run Federal did on the 22 automatch in the large boxes.That was just dumb luck on my part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.