Gunco Forums banner

A steel rod was inletted

553 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nutznboltz 
#1 ·
In 1911 frames in the 80's or 90's for slide to frame fit. Might have been a bronze alloy in the frame rails. Worked great with LW commander to tighten slide/frame fit. Anybody remember who did that? Maybe a cut in the slide rails too.
You could change diameter of the rods to allow for wear. Great idea for aluminum frames. Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't remember that,, but I do remember a piece in AR magazine.. NRA.. pub where steel and aluminum were bonded together using explosives..to make a light weight frame with steel working surfaces.. Dam I wish John Browning was alive during these days..with CNC machines and metal plastic technologies we'd have the most kick ass guns..

#5 ·
There you go mtdew!:) I used to think a hardened insert in the rails and a feed ramp insert would take care of the aluminum frame issues. And they did. I never considered the ramped barrel though. Thanks. I still feel a insert of for lack of a better word,keystock might be better.

#6 ·
And if I can find them locally,knurled stock I can press in an AR lower for the fcg in a poly receiver for a 22 build. I can't even find T-bolts around here. Have to modify carriage bolts or elevator bolts if I can find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.