Thread: Is it legal?

Feedback Score

Question Is it legal?

For me to purchase a rifle from an 01ffl in an adjoining state if done face to face? I have a 03ffl, but the rifle in question is not C&R. Thanks for any help guys.
    Does it hurt you when they shear all that wool off?

Virginia members protect your Second Amendment Rights. Please join www.vcdl.org

Feedback Score

That depends upon which state you are in and the 01 you are dealing with. I have tried this in Nevada with a CA license and been shut down and I remember my Dad who is a Nevada resident being refused in CA when he was trying to buy a C&R Rusky SKS 10+ years ago. I know you can buy long guns in Utah and Arizona on a Nevada license. So, like I said it depends on the two states you are dealing with and even then if the 01 says no then you are done. I too have an 03 FFL and when I first went to all of my local shops I got 3 or 4 different versions of what that 01 FFL thought I could do with it. Some would let you cash and carry, some would make you wait the 10 days that is the law in this state so God only knows sometimes.
    Rule .308

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info guys. Rule .308 I know what you mean about the 03. Most of our shops won't accept it here either, although here in Virginia it will allow you to buy more than one handgun (C&R or not) a month. My CHP allows this also. I think they have to notify the Feds if you do buy more than one a month tho.
    Does it hurt you when they shear all that wool off?

Virginia members protect your Second Amendment Rights. Please join www.vcdl.org

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.