Scary wake-up call
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary wake-up call

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Scary wake-up call

I had a little wake-up call the other day. I was reading about how to convert an Enfield #4-Mk1 Rifle to shoot .223 or 7.62x39 ammo. It was interesting reading till I got to why the conversion was being done. This is another of those ?IT CAN HAPPEN HERE? stories. I had heard of the restrictive new laws in Australia but knew little about them. Below is the paragraph where he tells why the conversions are being done.

[?Following the repeal of the Australian Rifle Club (A.R.C.) Regulations, which had been a part of the Defense Act since 1907, all legal ways of owning and using a self-loading rifle have disappeared. Like many active target shooters in Australia, I was stuck with a large quantity of .223 Remington ammunition, but with nothing to use it in, after having to hand-in my self-loading rifle. Many of us were digging up a Lee-Enfield, Mauser, Springfield, Enfield, etc in order to continue competing.?] See it here. http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/no4223/index.asp

Think about the fact the many politicians want to pass laws to make all ?Self-loading? guns history here too. I know the bill comes up here in Illinois every year and gets closer to passing each time.
    "Moss Isley spaceport. You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
    (Actually this better describes Washington than Moss Isley)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I was reading that same info on tyhe same site just a few days agao as well.

Old Teddy tries to get ammunition outlawed just about every year by calling it cop killer ammo. Not just steel jacket stuff, but everything including good old hunting ammo.

Feedback Score

It will be a sad, and I hope bloody, day in American history when they make us turn guns in here...
    Repeal FOPA NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

no blood spilling from ,,fat dumb and happy. allmost NOBODY here in this country is willing to ,,, well never mind I wont say it but you know what I am thinking,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    no blood spilling from ,,fat dumb and happy. allmost NOBODY here in this country is willing to ,,, well never mind I wont say it but you know what I am thinking,

It?s getting harder to find anyone under 30 that gives a damn about anything as far as their rights are concerned. (My Wife?s 3 kids are now mid-thirties and are clueless) Most have been raised by a government school to think things like the 2nd Amendment are no longer valid in today?s world, (and it?s almost true because they don?t know enough to care about it.) Some only look at what?s easy or best for them, Others look at what?s best for all in the long run even if it is the hard way. I hate it when a teacher talks about not wanting to harm a students ?Fragile Ego?. So everyone wins and is given prizes or passes the class even if they?re as dumb as a rock. What happened when I was a kid didn?t shatter my ?Ego?, I learned things as they should be learned, by getting injured or having my feelings hurt. A little pain and suffering will teach you things that no school will ever teach. And if you?re made to look stupid to those in your class, you?ll do better next time, You also learn that real friends stay and the rest fall away.
    I know all generations say that ?Today?s kids have got it soft? and it?s true because that?s the way it should be, but each generation looked back and could see what their forefathers had given to make it possible. Today some kids still look back I know and they still understand this, but it seems a larger percentage than ever before can?t understand the millions that gave their lives for our Freedom or even why they would do it, let alone care. Our Freedom and our Constitutional Rights where not given to us by any government, those people stood up to their government and fought for them, they died for them. And no bullshit about you and me not being the Militia, Who showed up for that ?Shot heard around the World? and fought the British till an army could be assembled? It was just the common man, the farmers, the shopkeepers, just everyday working men! With squirrel guns and whatever they had they fought. They knew ?the right of the people to keep and bear Arms? was worth their blood or even their lives. The British came to take their guns and got a War instead. It makes me wonder about those that promote gun control, I can see they?re not for Freedom and our Rights mean nothing to them, so what are they? The new British?
    "Moss Isley spaceport. You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hey Oldgunner, I used to think you were right about young people (I'm a child of the early seventys). However, check out those young men and women in Iraq and in the service. They are like my parents, people from the WWII generation, the best Americans yet to be seen. I thought for so long that being an American was dead, after watching those kids in the middle east and Afganistan, boy was I wrong. By the way, didn't we elect two Bushes and one Regan, being a good American is not dead with us, sometimes just al little hard to find in the fu---d up media (with the exception of FOX). Just my two cents. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score

I'm 35, and it pisses me off to no end the way kids these days just don't give a fuck for nuthin.
    A while back in McDonald's I had some very choice words for a snotty-nosed little spindly teen-ager and his girlfriend, who cut in front of a Gentelman who happened to be wearing a legionaire's vest with an Omaha Beach patch on the left front breast. This little asshole jumped right in front of this elderly gentleman, who was having a very hard time trying to negotiate the drink station with his tray and cane, nearly knocking the guy down. I grabbed the little puke and pulled him back and said " you had better wait your turn, and that would be BEHIND me. In your rush, you almost knocked this gentleman over. My son is your age, and if he showed that type of disregard to other people, let alone a World War 2 Vet, I'd belt his ass in front of everybody here."
    He looked at me, giving me a look as if to say "go fuck yourself", and pointed to a guy, maybe a few years older than me, and about half my size, and said "That's my dad right there, and he would never do that".
    I looked Dad right in the eye and said "maybe we ought to start with dad, for not teaching you manners".
    Dad said... "you'd better wait your turn... these people were here before you".
    I then helped the elderly gentleman with his tray, got him seated ,and... get this.... HE thanks ME.... whatta trip.
    My reply was "I wouldn't even know how to say thank you to you, and have it really mean what I felt."
    I got home, and told my son the story... I felt good knowing that he was amazed that a kid his age would do something so ignorant.
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scubadvr
    Hey Oldgunner, I used to think you were right about young people (I'm a child of the early seventys). However, check out those young men and women in Iraq and in the service. They are like my parents, people from the WWII generation, the best Americans yet to be seen. I thought for so long that being an American was dead, after watching those kids in the middle east and Afganistan, boy was I wrong. By the way, didn't we elect two Bushes and one Regan, being a good American is not dead with us, sometimes just al little hard to find in the fu---d up media (with the exception of FOX). Just my two cents. Jack

Hey scubadvr:
    I don?t want anyone to think I was talking about all young people today. I just think that the number of government brainwashed kids is getting higher. We still have millions of right thinking young people, but if you have ever talked to either High School or Collage students (I live just outside of DeKalb IL, Home of NIU) you?ll find the schools have done their government mandated job of brainwashing them. Sometimes their stupidity and or ignorance of their government and their rights frighten me. Most are told that the 2nd Amendment is no longer needed in a modern world and that only the government has a ?Right? to keep and bear arms. Or that guns are just evil in someway all on there own. Our government tells even those that enter legally into our country that the 2nd Amendment is no longer valid as far as being ?The Right of the people? It?s now only a Right of the government. . (Check it out, Immigrants are given books and pamphlets that tell them that there is no ?Right to keep and bear arms? now) The government tells this to them so that in the future they won?t know they have lost anything, they?ll think we never had the right at all. Now we have the President busting up the CIA. Some think this is the beginning of creating a new Gestapo to keep us under control. I hope not, but I wonder when I hear and read about things like the Police in Oshkosh Wisconsin searching homes without warrants and confiscating legal guns. Oh yeah they gave them back but I bet they now have their owners on a list as criminals, (Because gun owners are considered guilty till proven innocent.)
    Our country can?t help but produce good people. (It?s the government that has screwed things up) The people of America are good at hart and soul. Our government just needs to step aside and let the Mothers and Fathers of our young ( Maybe the Grand Parents?) decide what is right as far as an education. I?m not a person that believes in God, but I know we where better off when God was still in our schools and getting an education was more important than protecting a kids ?Fragile Ego?. Kids are tuff and will survive an F in class, and if given encouragement will do better next time. We need to turn things around by teaching our kids the right stuff, old fashion values and by that I mean real values, old fashion or not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Oldgunner, I like you, I have never met you, but you are a man of value and straight forwardness. I will stand by your ideals any day. I think you will agree, there are more like us on this board and after watching Zell Miller, I think there is hope for us all. Keep the faith, believe in good, and above all God Bless America! Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score

When I was a kid, and did something I knew I shouldn't be doing, I got a leather belt across my ass. Nowadays, it's time out. WTF does a timeout teach? wouldn't you remember a good strapping alot more?
    "Hmmm... if I frig up, I'll have to go take a time out." Big deal.
    or... "if I frig up, I'm gonna get my ass blistered by the old man's belt."
    I don't mean to sound like I'm a hard-ass dad for my kids, but I do believe in a belt across the ass when trying to explain and talk to them has no effect, and I set the expectation for them beforehand. Third strike, and you're out. I think this is more than fair. It VERY RARELY has ever gotten to strike 3 with my son, and he respects me for making good on my promises, and I don't have to worry about him going beyond strike 2 (he's still a kid, though)
    When we were in the grocery store, he never pitched a screaming fit about not getting a piece of candy. He is never lippy to his mom or I, and he treats his little sister like his own daughter. I think I've done alright. I wish alot more parents at this day and age thought the same. I don't know how many times I've heard a 4-year old kid screaming at his mom in a store cause he couldn't have gum. It drives me completely bullshit. Timeouts and parents who dole them out have created a lazy and ignorant society, who will never hold themselves accountable for anything. There is no respect learned at an early age when all you have to worry about is getting timeout, or even worse, idle threats. I fear for my 15 year old son, and how bad it will be when he has his own family. I think I'll have him build the polish kit with me, to teach him to work deliberately, have patience, and revel in the fruits of his labor, as he bumps out a 40-rounder. But if he fucks it up.....(kidding)
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.