Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: How to get your SBR, Dialogue thread

Feedback Score

The newest Form 1 says to send the check to the Department of Justice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default FBI fingerprint card....

I called the ATF to get clarification on the "Employer and Address" info on the FBI fingerprint card. The Agent told me that that info pertains to the person taking the prints; NOT the person getting the prints. I told him that the stubborn lady at the local sheriffs department taking the prints insisted that my employer and address info went there. The ATF agent said that I could overwrite the info as long as I did not use white-out! I went back to the CLEO and told the woman what the BATFE said with blank fingerprint cards in hand! She swore up-and-down that my employer/address was to be documented for a "gun license". I reiterated what the BATFE agent told me and tried to remind her that it wasn't a gun license but notification to assemble a short barreled rifle. She snatched the print cards from my hand and over-stamped my employer info with the CLEO address info and said that's all she could do for a gun license! I sent it in..... we'll see how it goes!
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Dont white anything out. I put my stamp request in, early July. Came back because I did not put the word "The" in front of my trust name.
    The ATF told me too put "The" in front of my name. Then initial above the word "The."
    Thus proceeding too follow the direct order. I put the word "The" in front of my trust name and initialed as the ATF ordered.
    Then mailed the form back in. Still waiting. Hell is freezing over.
    The check was cashed within 5 days of the ATF getting the form 1.
    The ATF I am sure monitors the gun sites.
    I like the ATF. The ATF are my friends. The ATF has helped me a lot in the past.
    The stamp will be here any day now. The mailbox and the recipient, me, will be very happy when the stamp comes. The end.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

They cashed my check in 5 business days. We'll see!
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score

Any new updates?
    Just picked up a draco from local FFl. While I was their I asked who would be the best CLEO to sign a form 1, he said no one will sign them in league city, its best to use a trust. So I trust it will be...
    TheSkullster

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by sku11ey View Post
    Any new updates?
    Just picked up a draco from local FFl. While I was their I asked who would be the best CLEO to sign a form 1, he said no one will sign them in league city, its best to use a trust. So I trust it will be...
    TheSkullster
    Do the trust route. Pain in the ass going too the local L.O.s Once you have your trust. Your good too go. Some guys download it from the computer. I went through a lawyer, paid $400..
    The Sheriffs HQ is a long drive from my home. Got there and they did not do finger printing that day.
    Sheriff was in the parking lot with some prisoners and I asked him if I threw a rock through their window if they would finger print me.
    Good thing he had a sense of humor. "Oh we will finger print you alright."
    I ran into a female Officer I know and she hand walked me into the finger print department.
    Do the trust.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Ok, so to rehash big al's arguement of " why stamp anything on your gun?"
    Just to add a stock/modify?
    No need to repost all the maker laws as I read the above posts.

I am curious about the wording in the instructions of section 2.i. of Form 1

"If an existing firearm is being modified into an NFA firearm, enter the existing serial number of the firearm into item 4g and the name and address of the original manufacture into item 4a. Do not alter or modify existing serial number. If the NFA firearm is being made from parts, YOUR name and address are to be entered into 4a and a serial number you create is to be entered in to 4g."

If Im reading what I think Im reading, all the stamping may be unessary. I can understand if you are making a NFA from parts and you have a home roll reciever, shure stamp your own sn. but just to modify it states not to alter existing sn.

more to think about

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I dont know nuttin about my buddy BigAls argument. I have not read all 400 posts here. Was just trying too help.
    I screwed up my apps. so bad the ATF almost drove down here and helped me fill them out.
    She actually started crying when I called. Crying. I think she quit her job when I got done talking with the poor lady.
    Where is the Kernel when we need him?
    sku11ey. I can not give you a legal answer. I dont even know where my instructions are.
    In all honesty. I call the ATF when I have questions and even they dont friggen know the answer.
    "Uh we will get back too you on that." Yeah rite. Sit by the phone and wait.
    I do not know how you can create a serial number. What if that is, by a coincidence, already taken.
    I just had ProjectGuns engrave my trust name on two more NFA weapons.
    Do like I do. Fill it out as best yah can. If it is wrong your not going to jail. They will just mail it back telling you what they want.
    Mine have so many cross outs and initials on them. I cant even understand the damn things.
    Hell. Fill it out as best you think and mail it in. Most they will do is mail it back with proper instructions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Guns with existing serial numbers use that number to avoid confusion with two numbers on one gun, it is illegal to remove the original serial number.

When you make an NFA firearm your name and address info is required to be engraved on the gun as the maker of the NFA firearm, regardless of whether or not the original gun was made by you or Colt as that is part of the ID process for each firearm. You just need to engrave more info on a gun you made yourself, including a unique (to you) serial number, as the info isn't there already as it is with an existing gun.

Many guns have the same number, it's the make and model that differ that makes them different. Say I make a "standard brush silencer" for my Walther PPK and serial number it 007. Wanna bet more than one fella has used that number? However, when ran through the database as Kernelkrink 007 only one registration comes up. I just can't use that number on any other silencers I may make, you all can still use it once.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thank you Kernel. You the man.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.