Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get your SBR, Dialogue thread

Feedback Score

It took them 20 days, including weekends, to cash my check.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'm doing two right now, Got the paperwork filled out (thanks, BigAl) attached my photos(thanks, bluejack) and I'll pay a visit to the sherrif's office right after Thanksgiving.

Thanks ALOT SalBo for making this easier for all of us!!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

You re most welcome !

I am going to start a thread in a day or two for everyone to post their SBR's so get ready to post pics guys............
    FIREARM REFINISHING AT ITS FINEST !

Refinishing and Builds
    AK and variants
    FAL/AR-15/Handguns/Shotguns

Affordable prices/Licensed Gunsmith
    4 to 6 week turnaround
    -Send an email for a price quote today and
    check out our website-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question reciever

question. I plan on doing SBR m-92. I ordered the new DCI M-92 reciever. when reciever arrives at my FFl dealer it will be registered as a longgun, will this effect me when I send the paperwork since the reciever is already registered as a long gun? #2, in section 4b and 4d on the application do I put AK, M-92, ect.? (sorry if that question has already ben answered before)

Feedback Score

medic1, I'll leave your first question for SalBo to answer. When I sent in my application for my AMD65 SBR, for 4b I put "Short barrel rifle" and for 4d I put NDS-65 since that was what was marked on the receiver.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default thanks

Thanks bret for clarifing that part of my question. As for the other part I hope I don't end up with a reciever I can't use for an SBR when I get my paper work back because it has already been registered as a longun. However; how can I put the serial number of the reciever on the paper work if I do not have the reciever and without the approved tax stamp how can I do the FFL transfer other than putting longun? Confused!!

Feedback Score

I don't really think it's an issue. My dealer put mine down as a long gun when I got my receiver. I don't think putting it down as a pistol would be correct and there's no such thing as a "short gun" as far as I know. As for the serial number, I waited until I had my receiver to send off for my stamp. Shouldn't you already know the serial number though? You did tell nodakspud to mark your receiver with the serial number of your kit, right?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default thanks

well the kit I have is a virgin kit without serial numbers. I have a demilled kit on the way, just haven't recieved it yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What the receiver is papered out as originally will have no affect on your making it an SBR. It might if you were making something else like an AOW, but an SBR can be made from either a rifle or a pistol, so no worries there.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

the FFL 4473 has no effect on what you are doing now.

The application you are filling out is one to MAKE a Firearm and that is what you are doing from an existing firearm. I hope that helps.
    • 4A you should put the maker of the receiver (DCI Industries, Ewbanks, etc) plus their address...
    • 4B should be SBR
    • 4C is the caliber....30 cal, 7.62x39 and so forth. Only one caliber can be stated or they will kick it back.
    • 4D ....Model on the receiver.......NDS-1 or whatever is already on the reciever. The trunnion serial has no bearing on this.
    • 4E is the length of the barrel in inches
    • 4F is overall length. If it has a folder then it is measured in the extended position
    • 4G is the serial on the receiver from the receiver manufacturer that is stated on line 4A
    FIREARM REFINISHING AT ITS FINEST !

Refinishing and Builds
    AK and variants
    FAL/AR-15/Handguns/Shotguns

Affordable prices/Licensed Gunsmith
    4 to 6 week turnaround
    -Send an email for a price quote today and
    check out our website-

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.