Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get your SBR, Dialogue thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

it sucks that i cant get a SBR in north carolina because they are so much more dangerous than full autos that are allowed. makes a shitload of sence huh?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hi all, got my stamp for my M92 SBR a few weeks ago. Thought I had screwed up because I made the check out to The Department of the Justice.....it went right on thru ....less than 5 weeks box to box.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

bump

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

A local Class III dealer told me recently that since our local law enforcement won't sign transfers any more - they have been approving applications done with a "revocable trust". He said you just use Quicken Willmaker, have it notarized and send it in with the required fee and application.

Feedback Score

I had no problem at all getting my SBR tax stamp. I followed the link in the sticky, and got it all squared away in a day. The stamp was in my hand in about 30 days.
    I built the gun(M-92) and it turned out good, considering it was my first attemp at home gun building. The boys like it, and some of the cops are interested in it as an entry/backup tool for their tactical work. They use A2&3 shorties mostly,and MP5s.The gun was built for about half of what you might pay someone for. In fact some guys liked the rivet job enough that they asked me to help 'em with theirs. Of course, I suggested that they go ahead and do their own themselves, and I would give moral support on the side.

B-B
    Feedback Score

So can you register a receiver you bent yourself from a flat?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

A good document for anyone considering an SBR, or any NFA device is the National Firearms Act Handbook, get your copy here -> ATF Online - National Firearms Act Handbook. The document is updated from time to time and ATF does not provide this book in hard copy, so its a good link to bookmark.

For instance, the section on engraving an NFA firearm reads as below. I've bolded some sections that have been part of discussion here. My intent is to only help, I hope no one takes offense. In any case, I'm a total neophyte WRT NFA firearms.
    Section 7.4 The identification of firearms.
    7.4.1 Serial numbers. Each manufacturer of a firearm must legibly identify it by engraving, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing on the firearm’s frame or receiver an individual serial number not duplicating any serial number placed by the manufacturer on any other firearm. The requirement that the marking be “conspicuously” placed on the firearm means that the marking must be wholly unobstructed from plain view. For firearms manufactured on or after January 30, 2002, the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch.

7.4.1.1 What is an acceptable serial number? Alpha characters (letters), for example a name, are not acceptable as a serial number. A proper serial number may contain such characters or letters, but it must have at least one numeric character (number). ATF takes the view that marking “legibly” means using exclusively Roman letters (A, B, C, and so forth) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, and so forth). Deviations from this requirement have been found to seriously impair ATF’s ability to trace firearms involved in crime.

7.4.2 Additional information. Certain additional information must also be conspicuously placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel of the firearm by engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), that is, they must be placed in such a manner that they are wholly unobstructed from plain view. For firearms manufactured on or after January 30, 2002, this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch.
    The additional information includes:
    (1) The model, if such designation has been made;
    (2) The caliber or gauge;
    (3) The manufacturer’s name (or recognized abbreviation); and
    (4) The city and State (or recognized abbreviation) where the manufacturer maintains its place of business.

7.4.3 Measuring the depth of markings. The depth of all markings is measured from the flat surface of the metal and not the peaks or ridges. The height of serial numbers is measured as the distance
    between the latitudinal ends of the character impression bottoms (bases).

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Read 6.2.1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If you intend to SBR an AR15 but you would like to have multiple uppers/calibers am I correct that you would need to SBR each different lenght barrel? The form reads like the receiver that you SBR can only be used with the one barrel that you discribe when you send it in.

Feedback Score

No, you do not need to SBR each different length barrel. Get it approved with one length barrel. After it's approved, send in a letter to your examiner with the other lenght barrels you'll be using.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.