Gunco Forums banner

BATF marking requirements for US made parts

3K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  hagar 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the BATF letter that states that US made parts do not need to be marked to count as 922R compliance parts. I tried search here and came up with nothing.
Thanks

#32 ·
nalioth is spot on here guys..........if you make an apple out of a box of oranges then you manufactured the apple. If you polish the box of oranges then that is all you did and they are STILL Oranges....well, it made sense when I was typing it...lol

#33 ·
When 922r went into effect the people who manufactured compliance parts used a small design change to prove US production such as the ope. rod for the FAL. The European ope. rod had either two or three grooves around the piston (right now I do not remember which). The US produced ope. rod had the opposite number.

A similar situation occurred with the banning of flash hiders. Any design for a muzzle brake was acceptable with the exception of one that copied an existing flash suppressor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.