Gunco Forums banner

Obama Not Bringing Back the Assault Weapon Ban?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
#3 ·
A-men to that... I think he realises that he doesn't have the numbers at this point and it would be an embarassing defeat... which makes the 2010 mid-terms even more critical.

#8 ·
Thank You Fingolfin, for your steady and honest efforts to bring these issues and events to our attention.....I know, it sounds all stiff. But seriously, Thank you!
No problem - we've got to keep our guard up though and keep the pressure on. There are other tactics that Obama, Holder, Pelosi, and their ilk can use and we have to offer them no safe haven for thier misguided agenda...

#10 ·
I smell BS...

I would be surprised if they tried anything before the 2010 elections..

They will go for registration first as part of a "deal" or "compromise"...

You could possibly see "assault" rifles registered similar to NFA weapons..

Be real, do you think the people who bitched about assault rifles for the past 20 years are now going to overlook them? they have total control of Washington.

#13 ·
what???? the government tell an out and out LIE?

hell ask any native american!!!

you don't think obama will say one thing and then go and DO right the opposite?? i wouldn't trust a thing ANY politico said-- much less the current administration --or the previous.

#14 ·
I personally would have to agree with upgrayedd. No one and I mean NO ONE in the current administration is looking to try the weapons ban again, not after the last one. This administration won't survive it. And I would even go as far as to say that it might even bring on a uprising due to it, if they pass a ban that is.

#15 ·
what do you think all this "american guns are in the hands of mexican drug lords" the media keeps spewing out.

everyone with any knowledge KNOWS it is a big lie. it is proven and documented that only about 17% may be from north of the boarder but the media keeps playing it like a broken record.

if you don't think the government won't do some kind of end around play to circumvent the 2nd--well i just don't know what to say. there are ways to create the effect of a ban without actually having a ban. and that is the first term plan. the out right ban is a second term deal for a lame duck.

you don't think the state department is trying to dry up imported weapons and ammo? really now--???

lawyers love technicalities and there is at least a million ways to skin a cat. and i can see some knives getting sharpened as we speak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.