Revocable Trust

Thread: Revocable Trust

Feedback Score

Default Revocable Trust

Does anyone know if a Navy JAG would help with a Revocable Trust? Could I get a C&R license with a RLT?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Could I get a C&R license with a RLT?
    If you mean just to get a C&R, no you don't need an RLT for that. Just fill out the form(s), send a copy to your local LEO, a copy to the ATF, and wait.
    Now if you want all the stuff you bought with the C&R put on an RLT so it's left to a certain person or people, you could do that.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

If they couldn't help you do it directly, they will for sure set you up with whoever could.

Feedback Score

I've read that I just need to fill out the paperwork and send a copy to the cleo along with the ATF. I was wondering that if I do it through a trust, would I still need to deal with the cleo at all? I'm still not sure I'm even going to get the C&R, just wanted to have one so I could buy a K98 off the internet if I came across the right deal. I plan on putting together a WW2 rifle collection. Nothing too out there like mp40, stg44, or firearms similar. Mainly bolt action general issued rifles.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by STGUSN View Post
    I've read that I just need to fill out the paperwork and send a copy to the cleo along with the ATF. I was wondering that if I do it through a trust, would I still need to deal with the cleo at all? I'm still not sure I'm even going to get the C&R, just wanted to have one so I could buy a K98 off the internet if I came across the right deal. I plan on putting together a WW2 rifle collection. Nothing too out there like mp40, stg44, or firearms similar. Mainly bolt action general issued rifles.

Yup, That's where we all started....Now look at us.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I was wondering that if I do it through a trust, would I still need to deal with the cleo at all?
    You don't need to "go through" your local LEO, you just need to send them a copy of your C&R application to let them know your filing for it.
    When I did mine I included a letter that read something like - "Per ATF laws I'm notifying you that I'm filing for a C&R FFL license", that's all you have to do with your local law enforcement.

Yup, That's where we all started....Now look at us
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The trust is great for automatic weapons and silencers as it bypasses the local LEO, but I don't think I would get it for anything you could buy with a C&R. Unless of course, those things included automatic weapons. Many Sheriffs won't sign off on class 3 items so the trust is a way you can avoid telling the locals. I like it because of that fact. Not that my sheriff wouldn't sign off on them, but this way I don't worry about it or have to let him in the loop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You are better off getting a gun trust in stead of the revocable trust. It offers you more protection for class 3 items. DO your homework and find a reputable lawyer that is familiar with them. It should not run you more then a couple hundred bucks and it is worth the piece of mind. I sure as hell would not trust JAG!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.