Thread: Do "gun-free zones" work?

Feedback Score

Default Do "gun-free zones" work?

The following are 25 facts that the mainstream media doesn’t really want to talk about right now…

#1 The mainstream media doesn’t really want to talk about the fact that gun sales are absolutely skyrocketing in the aftermath of the horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The mainstream media doesn’t really want to talk about the fact that disarming the population has resulted in some of the most horrific massacres in human history. The following is from the Warrior Times…

1911 – Turkey disarmed its citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians.

1929 – Russia disarmed its citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.

1935 – China disarmed its citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 50 million Chinese.

1938 – Germany disarmed its citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 16 million Jews.

1956 – Cambodia disarmed its citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.

1964 – Guatemala disarmed its citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.

1970 – Uganda disarmed its citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.

The following was written by Larry Correia. I copied it because I cannot say it better.

Gun Free Zones

Gun Free Zones are hunting preserves for innocent people. Period.

Think about it. You are a violent, homicidal madman, looking to make a statement and hoping to go from disaffected loser to most famous person in the world. The best way to accomplish your goals is to kill a whole bunch of people. So where’s the best place to go shoot all these people? Obviously, it is someplace where nobody can shoot back.

In all honesty I have no respect for anybody who believes Gun Free Zones actually work. You are going to commit several hundred felonies, up to and including mass murder, and you are going to refrain because there is a sign? That No Guns Allowed sign is not a cross that wards off vampires. It is wishful thinking, and really pathetic wishful thinking at that.

The only people who obey No Guns signs are people who obey the law. People who obey the law aren’t going on rampages.

I testified before the Utah State Legislature about the University of Utah’s gun ban the day after the Trolley Square shooting in Salt Lake City. Another disaffected loser scumbag started shooting up this mall. He killed several innocent people before he was engaged by an off duty police officer who just happened to be there shopping. The off duty Ogden cop pinned down the shooter until two officers from the SLCPD came up from behind and killed the shooter. (turned out one of them was a customer of mine) I sent one of my employees down to Trolley Square to take a picture of the shopping center’s front doors. I then showed the picture to the legislators. One of the rules was NO GUNS ALLOWED.

The man that attacked the midnight showing of Batman didn’t attack just any theater. There were like ten to choose from. He didn’t attack the closest. It wasn’t about biggest or smallest. He attacked the one that was posted NO GUNS ALLOWED.

There were four mass killing attempts this week. Only one made the news because it helped the agreed upon media narrative.

Oregon. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter confronted by permit holder. Shooter commits suicide. Only a few casualties.
    Texas. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter killed immediately by off duty cop. Only a few casualties.
    Connecticut. GUN FREE ZONE. Shooters kills until the police arrive. Suicide. 26 dead.
    China. GUN FREE COUNTRY. A guy with a KNIFE stabs 22 children.

And here is the nail in the coffin for Gun Free Zones. Over the last fifty years, with only one single exception (Gabby Giffords), every single mass shooting event with more than four casualties has taken place in a place where guns were supposedly not allowed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I fully support the police, however I strongly believe that "gun free" zones should extend to law enforcement also.

Not trying to be a prick, just strongly believe that a fully trained and law abiding citizen should not be told they can't carry in certain areas.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If a sign saying "Gun Free Zone" is a viable resolve for gun crime, why limit it to guns, why not "Criminal Free Zone", Terrorist Free Zone", "Bomb Free Zone" , for that matter why waste billions yearly on our military when we could just post, "War Free Zone" signs at our borders?

It's an irrational, illogical and idiotically ridiculous approach...period!

Shooter

Feedback Score

There are some stores that have a sign saying: "No Weapons Allowed on These Premises." I wonder if they do not want my business. So far, I have been able to live without them, and I plan to continue doing so.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.