Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBR coming to Michigan!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default SBR coming to Michigan!

On Tuesday, the Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approved Senate Bill 610 that would lift Michiganís ban on the private ownership of short-barreled rifles and shotguns. Short-barreled rifles and shotguns are strictly regulated under the federal National Firearms Act. Therefore, by repealing this longstanding state gun ban, Michigan law would conform with federal law, and align Michigan with more than forty other states that already allow their resident to possess these firearms. Short-barreled rifles and shotguns are subject to restrictive regulations including requiring their buyers to undergo a background investigation, pay a $200 tax and register these firearms with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
    The NRA applauds the Senate Judiciary Committee voting to repeal this gun ban. Since SB 610 is now eligible for consideration on the state Senate floor, please contact your state Senator in SUPPORT of Senate Bill 610.

If you live in Michigan, make sure you contact your senator and let him/her know that your support of them depends on their support of SB 610.
    Here's a link to find your senator if you aren't sure:

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/FindY.../byaddress.htm

I want a SBR and I'd like all of you to help me!
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'll just bump this 'till I get some help. Don't mind me.....
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bumping is such a lonely business.....
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

So should I call the senator for where I used to live in MI?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you would, I'd appreciate it. I have quite a few candidates for SBR paperwork.
    I called mine and asked for his support, he informed me that he co-sponsored the bill. I guess I'm the wee-todd on that one. All I ask is for a boys dream to come true: folding stock with a 9 inch barrel.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday, the Michigan Senate overwhelmingly passed Senate Bill 610 by a 36 to 2 vote. This bill was sent to the state House of Representatives where it has been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee.

SB 610 would remove a longstanding gun ban on private ownership of short-barreled rifles and shotguns. This pragmatic legislation would conform Michigan law to federal law, which already regulates the ownership of short-barreled rifles and shotguns. In doing so, it would also align Michigan with more than forty other states that allow their residents to possess these firearms.

As always, your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this important piece of legislation as it moves through the House.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, Thursday is the day.
    All I can hope is that we hardy northerners can break free of the commie states like cali, illinois, hawaii and all the others (I had to un-auto-correct the spelling there, they'll have to bend over before they get a capitalization from me).
    I think I've waited long enough.
    I'd like to thank the Square and the Single-Stack in advance for popping their legislators with email and calls to help this great cause.
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Good luck on Thursday's vote. People in Virginia don't know how lucky they have it.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Fingers crossed for Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to build some semi sub guns without the anteater look.

Feedback Score

I like a short BBL shotgun's my self, but a Polish PPS 43 semi with a real stock would do nicely instead of my welded stock.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.