Gunco Forums banner

I'd like to help out but...

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
What are the laws pertaining to sending parts to Russia? In particular an AK front trunion and an underfolder stock? Some of you may know what I an talking about if you got the same PM that I did. I'd like to help a fellow enthusiast out here but dont want to break any laws. Thanks!

#5 ·
All the import/export stuff is beyond me to keep track of, that's for damn sure,,proceed carefully with any out of country dealings. Even in Canada.

I'm sure somebody could land in a world of shit by inadvertently breaking some obscure law buried deep in a 2000 page law document somewhere that even a lawyer would have difficultly in deciphering. Don't you wish things could just be worded clearly and plainly so everyone could actually understand the laws?? But that's how most get into trouble,,dazzle people with a bunch of BS wording that no one can understand,,then they ,,,Gotcha !!!! It's fucked up,,,,especially when we all try so hard to try to follow them.

#7 ·
I would not advise even considering that, firearm laws differ greatly in the Warsaw pact countries. It is just asking for trouble

#8 ·
mtdew Noooooooooooo Go. Do not even think about it, you will get 50 lashes. :rofl:
Several years ago a Bro and myself were on our way to import AK demilled kits from Cambodia. Had a thread on the forum here going on our attempts. Got in touch with the ATF, who were super nice and helpful, on proper importing procedures. Problem? It is not legal to import Chinese or Russian gun parts. Now their is loop holes and possibilities on odds and ends. Military gear, helmets, belt buckles, etc.
Now a Man was selling Russian gun parts on GunBroker. He was selling them as paint ball odds and ends. Still selling, I do not know? The ATF clearly told me they did not really care if I purchased Russian or Chinese parts for personal use, but getting by customs, good luck. So the answer, best I can advise. It is illegal to import Chinese or Russian gun parts. Period.
A new member joined the forum here and 20 posts later wanted me to accept a container of full auto AKs from Germany. We could de-mill them at my house. Yeah get F#$KED let me jump right on that one FEDS, nice try. :rofl:

#12 ·
Legal kits are still coming in. Just not the barrels. They were able to import some junk Russian PLO capture AKs years back. Ah a few good ones though. Not sure what the P.M. stuff is all about? But Russia has more frigging AKs than we do. Why would anyone want to send AK parts their way, we need more in America.
I think their is possibly more AKs in America though, than the rest of the world. Talking to Russian exchange college students at our range a bit back. Guns are kind of restricted in private citizens hands they told me, but they have gun ranges and gun permits are readily available.
My cousins growing up in Hungary after WWII. Their was so many guns left from the war, they played Army with real machine guns. Don't think they loaded them?

#15 ·
as indicated, one would be taking a real chance. Gun broker and e-bay are filled with mg parts from Europe with americans bidding on them plus almost all sales are in dollars. US Customs can't open every package, but you don't want someone to send you parts or visa a versa and get caught

lately there have been a rash in receivers or all types, yes you can buy them, but importing them is another story

there is well known Canadian distributor, who has a shit load of MP-44 mags all original and cheap, the problem is the legal importation its too restrictive

#16 ·
Actually "Legal importation for personnel use" is very easy. You get a form for import from the ATF, fill it out with the proper codes. Mark for personnel collection and your on the way.
Now of-course you have to have someone on the other end to send your products. I believe? Century and other big importers are in a bonded, secure, building. Think they might properly de-mill the guns for ATF inspection their. Then their sold to suppliers who sell them to us.
But research it if you like? Rules may have changed since I tried it, but it is no big deal if you import from a "Legal" nation. Rules change if you plan on selling. Now it costs, insurance, advertising, pay the ATF plus licensing for the right to sell, etc. That is why I just go too our vendors, lot easier than 17 hours in the air one way too Cambodia, or the Ukraine. Frig that. :rofl:

#17 ·
It is called an ATF "Form 6" and used to take about 5 weeks for approval. An approved Form 6 will allow the importation of an entire parts set (minus barrel and receiver). Maybe the rules have changed but a Form 6 is required if the parts exceed a certain value, like $100, or include a breech/bolt assembly.

I have done a couple and they are easy, and free of cost.

Attached are a couple of scans. One shows how to list the junk. Other is what the ATF stamps on the form to remind everyone of the rules.

#18 ·
It is called an ATF "Form 6" and used to take about 5 weeks for approval. An approved Form 6 will allow the importation of an entire parts set (minus barrel and receiver). Maybe the rules have changed but a Form 6 is required if the parts exceed a certain value, like $100, or include a breech/bolt assembly.

I have done a couple and they are easy, and free of cost.
Thank you HHollow it has been a long time for me. Yeah what I am saying is importing is easy enough, hell the super nice Woman at the ATF helped me above and beyond with the paperwork.
Damn main problem is the people at the other end shipping. We had to talk to some nice people, :w00t1: :chinese: Plus every crook and his brother had their hands out $$.
Cambodia has rich Japs in their buying Nam ear weapons and melting them down for peace statues or some frigging hippie crap? That and your competing with Nicholas Cage types with all these damn wars going on. Money talks B.S. walks.

#19 ·
I agree that it is all about having trusted people on the other end. If hardware is going both directions then those guys at the other end probably have the same worries as we do.

The funny thing is that it is easy to find cheap junk here that is costly over there. And vice versa. So long as its legal, trading can be very benefical to both ends.

#20 ·
4th did you get the nice ladies phone number? Lol. Only talk I ever had with atf I was selling an ar and and he popped it open carefully inspected the lower parts and carrier asked me what I had to go with it? Told him I would buy him a couple mags to seal the deal and he closed it up said nice rifle smirked at me and walked off.

#22 ·
Nah no phone number. Hell she helped me fill the frigging form out or I would still be trying to figure it out God knows how many years later. Probably be dead of old age before I figured the thing out.
Florida is face to face also, if their a Florida resident.

#23 ·
I assume this thread was started by/for a new member who sent a PM looking for parts to be mailed to Russia/Europe ???

these parts are readily available in Europe and Russia, why go through the trouble and postage, currency conversion when its cheaper to buy within Europe???

I could understand if it was some rare rifle part

#24 ·
FEDS looking for a sucker. Like they did when they wanted me to accept a container of machine guns from Germany. F#$K you FEDS, go investigate Operation Fast and Furious and leave the frigging "Legal Building crew here alone." :nanabang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.