Gunco Forums banner

Proposed bills affecting home builds

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
#3 ·
IMO its just a matter of time .
there are literally millions of ARs getting built with a few hours of work with no serial numbers an sooner or later they will get something passed .
Unfortunately we are our own worst enemy.
the internet pretty much has made it really easy an sooner or later things will change .

Suppliers cashing in on the Ghost guns aspect doent help . Bragging how ANYONE can get a unregistered gun is not a good thing IMO .

Sadly its gone from builder who did a pretty good job of policing them selves to Assemblers an any one with a cordless drill doing AR' S via Utube instructions

sooner or later some jack ass will use a home build in a big attention grabbing crime an there will be changes .

hope fully by then there will be so many built that it will be impossible for any thing to be enforced an also more people be more OK with it .
Right now a lot of sportsmen don't like guys bulding ARs an other guns but I have seen more an more sports man start accepting them .

#5 ·
It's inevitable, however I like to think that the kind of work involved in building an ar from an 80 lower tends to filter out at least some of the stupid. However the biggest problem with ghost gun use in crimes comes from Mexico, not the US...

Any attempt to ban ghost guns will probably just lead to people hiding the receivers. Besides, how would the executive know where these things were, or who was in possession of them? All I have to tell the atf is that I demilled them, and since you can't track transfers, or demillings, they can't assume you have it.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I recall an arrest was made in California where there was a workshop building illegal weapons. And a Chinese national arrested in a totally different case set up by the batfe for bringing in klacks from mainland. Weapons will always be available. Just to the criminals at higher prices.

#10 · (Edited)
when all the laws change to go against us? we'll all just be criminals.
That's it right there. When the laws are duplicated to the realm of pointless redundancy where no law abiding person could comply, they'll be happy.
All I ask for is a law that makes it against the law to not follow the law. That should solve it, right?

#8 ·
I'm going to upset some people, but don't be surprised the NRA doesn't bargain with those bills and allow them to pass, if it means they get something they want in return.

Remember the NRA supports the NICS, which is part of the Brady Bill BS.

The bills listed don't seem to address home-builds made prior to the passage of the law but it seems they are caught up in the transfer stage of the law.

I agree it doesn't help when people are advertising you can buy a piece of metal and turn it into a firearm, like its something magical.

I also don't trust the republicans to stop these bills from becoming law. Paul Ryan and the RINO voted to fund Obama's agenda 100%.

#12 ·
Sad part being with this whole deal,,,

most of the time what we're doing is NOT building!! We are just reassembling something from previously made factory parts,,period!!!

Honestly,,when was the last time you actually saw anyone making there own barrels, casting there own receivers,building there own triggers, ect? On a rare occasion perhaps, but it's extremely rare and when you do, and if you are ,in most cases you should be covered as long as you have a class 7 license. A designated manufactures license. Simple,, it's already covered in existing laws, where's the issue?

Over the years I've never really built anything,nor have 99% of you guys ! We're just reassembling something from a pile of pre-existing factory parts. Plain and simple!!! No matter how you slice and dice it !!! So this whole thing is just "much ado about nothing" IMHO and anything involved with it is already covered by more gun laws than you could shake a stick at already !!

Just more bull shit by the left as far as I and many others are concerned and by the letter of the law. Anything "Reassembled from factory parts" is just that ! NOT BUILDING SOMETHING!!! No matter how the libs wish to spin it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.