Limit on # of guns for collectors???

Thread: Limit on # of guns for collectors???

Feedback Score

Default Limit on # of guns for collectors???

Hey guys. I was talking to my local excuse for an FFL today. He said some hogwash about being limited to 15 firearms without a collector's license of some sort? I have NEVER heard of this before. AM I the idiot here for not knowing something legally important as that?? WHAT if any is the # limit on firearms you can own? Would 25 be too much? 15? 10? Thanks!!!

P.S. What about on the state level, does CA have a limit? I cant find anything on it at the CA DOJ / Attorney Gen. website... Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I never heard that for where I live or read it for that matter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

gun shows and gun shops are notorious for coming up with the most assine bullshit I have ever heard??but this one takes the cake, until the next one that comes along.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

a few years back, the ATF tried to come up with a "arsenal permit"
    Basically x amount of firearms, x amount of loaded ammo, x amount of powder.
    But I am not sure it ever passed.

I do know that some towns have a restriction.
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Remember he does live in Kommiefornia!
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

new york

This is the section of NY Penal Law that applies: S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when: (1) He commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five of section 265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or (2) He possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or (3) He knowingly has in his possession a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or (4) Such person possesses any loaded firearm. Such possession shall not, except as provided in subdivision one or seven, constitute a violation of this section if such possession takes place in such person`s home or place of business; or (5) (i) Such person possesses twenty or more firearms; or (ii) such person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession did not take place in the person`s home or place of business; or (6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun; or (7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or (8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score

There was a thread on *another board* a couple of years back about a man arrested for something and subsequently charged under NY's 'arsenal law' if I remember correctly.

Feedback Score

in italy we can have only 3 handgun (except the target handun the run up to six piece) ,if you want more must ask the police for a "colection license" with it you can buy other handguns but you cannot have the ammo for it neither use it at the range...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Having a limit set is about as ridiculous as the media reporting that someone has a weapons cache and thousands of rounds of ammo. When all they really is they have a shotgun and a 22 with 5 boxes of shells and a brick of 22 ammo. I haven't heard of anything like that and hope to hell Texas don't get as bad as that.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.