Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Bluedog.

Gunco Regular Francisco Pizarro's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm pretty sure I've got compensation coming from someone. How can an attorney identify that compensation and help to go about and get it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How does my Company go about getting a patent for a perpetual motion machine one of our engineers came up with?

Should we pay him a flat fee for the rights up front or offer him royalties only on sales and no up front money?
    Everyone had you pegged.

Gunco Regular Francisco Pizarro's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

My johnson gets tangled in my shoelaces when putting on sneakers. Zippered shoes also present a problem. Any suggestions?
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog DaDA Bluedog's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Guinny_Ire
    I'm pretty sure I've got compensation coming from someone. How can an attorney identify that compensation and help to go about and get it?
    Attorneys call this "starting with the answer and finding the question. THe answer is, the one wiht deep pockets. Accordingly, find and identify some interaction with an antity with deep pockets, then look for an injury.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Custer
    How does my Company go about getting a patent for a perpetual motion machine one of our engineers came up with?

Should we pay him a flat fee for the rights up front or offer him royalties only on sales and no up front money?
    first, what do you want to sell. If you want to sell the machines, see a patent attorney. If you want to sell the energy they create, the machine is a trade secret and should not be patented. As for the employee, if he was on your clock whhen he came up with the working model, just appropriate it as company property.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet
    My johnson gets tangled in my shoelaces when putting on sneakers. Zippered shoes also present a problem. Any suggestions?
    See a doctor about having your johnson sewn back on. Untill then, keep it in a bag of clean ice, not on the floor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog
    first, what do you want to sell. If you want to sell the machines, see a patent attorney. If you want to sell the energy they create, the machine is a trade secret and should not be patented. As for the employee, if he was on your clock whhen he came up with the working model, just appropriate it as company property.
    Would you be willing to pursue the patent for a cut of the royalties?
    Everyone had you pegged.

Feedback Score

Enough freebes. Bluedog, here, sign the dotted line and let me be your manager. We'll go syndicated and make good money with this stuff.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Custer
    Would you be willing to pursue the patent for a cut of the royalties?
    I'm not lisenced to practice before the patent bar, but I think it may be unethical to aquire a stake in ht patent. Besides, little bar exam question has a built in conflict of interest in the form of the employee who came up with the Idea, versus the company.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.