Gunco Forums banner

I be lincking

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Cammer 
#1 · (Edited)
IT WORKED GREAT I am very satisfied , now I am going to have to run the gun again to free up a few thousand links just to link them back up. :thumbup1: it was very easy to make and total about 2 hours time. I cut the bottom plate with a plasma cutter and welded the blocks with a TIG. I cut the rails with a chop saw then all that was left was drilling a few holes and tapping some of them. one note the pusher bar is bolted but NOT bolted tight so it can pivot and stay square to the back of the cases as they are pushed in.

#2 ·
Very interesting HB. I can't say I know much about linking but your setup does look nice. I like your handy work especially! Do you own a plasma cutter? I sure wish I had one of these. You oughtta be able to make a flat bending jig fairly easily with a plasma cutter. 555th has the plans and diagrams here too. I guess it seems easier because Ive got the jig inhand, but no tools. Once again, congrats on the new linker. What are you using the belts for?

#4 ·
only the best foy GUS rite.
well I get 11 rounds on the first press and 10 each press after that. as for how fast,,, all my links are allready loaded so I am not going to pull out 250 by hand to get my speed , BUT I can tell you it is prety quick. all I have to do is drop 10 links and set the ammo in the link holes then bring down the handle. at least two or three times faster than by hand. usualy I can do about 500 links by hand then the skin on my fingers delaminates and it is two weeks before I can link again. now I can link all I want.. too cool. I am going to have to fire a few thousand rounds just to link them back up.
the handle is extra long because I thought it would press hard BUT it is effortless to press them.

As for what are the link belts for here it is rite here :biggun:
It is a 1919-a6 I will try to get a real photo for you.

#9 ·
hotbarrel said:
IT WORKED GREAT I am very satisfied , now I am going to have to run the gun again to free up a few thousand links just to link them back up. :thumbup1: it was very easy to make and total about 2 hours time. I cut the bottom plate with a plasma cutter and welded the blocks with a TIG. I cut the rails with a chop saw then all that was left was drilling a few holes and tapping some of them. one note the pusher bar is bolted but NOT bolted tight so it can pivot and stay square to the back of the cases as they are pushed in.
Well that clinches it Hotbarrel! I'm going to go ahead and build one of these. I don't have a plasma cutter or TIG welder, but I do have a Sawzall, a cutting torch, and a good little MIG welder. From the looks of your design I could probably build one for less than $20, although it might take me a little while longer since I am lacking the more expensive tools.

Once again it seems that you have come up with a good design. Your AK rivet tool is so simple it's just plain ingenious, and now this simplified design of the more expensive linkers. The ten round capacity is perfect for me. I have often thought that I really don't need a 20 round linker. I don't think it saves very much time when you only have half a case at a time to link up anyway. Although now I have one of Emory's Crankfire units so I might be needing to link up more than before...

Here's a pic of my son pretending he's fighting terrorists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.