Gunco Forums banner

This is important! Need barrel thread info

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveGP 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys,

My Dad came up with an idea that I had never thought of and I will look up the info if no one has it here.

He has seen threaded Galil .223 barrels for $39.

What is the size and pitch of the Galil threads?

Do they follow the same as the Russian pattern? The Russians were sticklers for using the same tooling over and over. The Nagant is .980 16V T.P.I and it would stand that the SKS probably has that same size and maybe the original Russian threaded AK's.

Does the SKS have that thread size?

Did the Israeli's use the same thread pattern as the the Finns and Swedes for their versions of the AK.

If the Galil barrels are the same pattern then .223 AK's and SKS's could be made pretty easy.

Anyone able to fill in the blanks?

See less See more
#3 ·
Tell you what gentlemen, it is no easy task to find the measurements I seek.

No one has a firearms book with barrel thread measurements? I really don't want to take my SKS apart to find out if it is same as the Nangants.

I do have a book, but it only gives bolt action rifles that were popular.

Next I'll post over at AK47.net and see if the ORF boys can give me the Galil stuff.

#11 ·
O.K.
HERE IT IS>>>>Receiver end mic's to .824 diameter x 1.50 (metric) thread pitch. (.223 cal)

This is from Jim Meredith at Galil Services. What a great guy he is...also, the thread on the muzzle is .500"-28 tpi. They offer alot of neat services, and seem very knowlegeable.
Hope this helps you out, Sang...:thumbup1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.