Gunco Forums banner

Turning it Back on the Muslims: Has the War of Religions Begun?

1K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  pistol-packin-wifey 
#1 ·
Anti-Muslim Riot in Nigeria Turns Deadly

By DULUE MBACHU, Associated Press Writer 51 minutes ago
LAGOS, Nigeria - Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

Residents and witnesses in the southern, predominantly Christian city of Onitsha said several Muslims with origins in the north were beaten to death by mobs which also burned two mosques there.

"The mosque at the main market has been burnt and I've counted at least six dead bodies on the streets," Izzy Uzor, an Onitsha resident and businessman, told The Associated Press by telephone. "The whole town is in a frenzy and people are running in all directions."
The violence appeared to be in reprisal for anti-Christian violence Saturday in the mostly Muslim northern city of Maiduguri in which thousands of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad attacked Christians and burned churches, killing at least 18 people.
Another Onitsha resident, Isotonu Achor, said one badly beaten Muslim man ran into his office from the streets to escape the violence.
"There is blood all over him and I'm scared they'll come for him here. If he doesn't get urgent treatment he will die," Achor said.
Police and government officials were not immediately available for comment.
Nigeria, Africa's most populous country of more than 130 million people, is roughly divided between a predominantly Muslim north and a mainly Christian south. Thousands of people have died in religious violence in Nigeria since 2000.
Saturday's protest over the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in Maiduguri marked the first violent demonstrations over the issue in Nigeria. Police say at least 18 people, most of them Christians, died, and 30 churches were burned down. The Christian Association of Nigeria said at least 50 people were killed in the violence.
The cartoons, which first appeared in a Danish newspaper in September, have set off sometimes violent protests around the world. One caricature shows Muhammad wearing a bomb-shaped turban with an ignited fuse.
Islam widely holds that representations of Muhammad are banned for fear they could lead to idolatry.
A Danish newspaper first printed the caricatures in September. Other newspapers, mostly in Europe, have reprinted the pictures, asserting their news value and the right to freedom of expression.

See less See more
#6 ·
Good. Its about time there was some fighting back going on. We need more of that. They need to learn that they dont get to attack and burn and kill without getting an ass whippin in return.

#7 ·
Hmmm ..... about time SOMEBODY acted like they had B... errr ... Testicles.

Score is lopsided though!

Nigerians need at least 28 more mosques and 44-45 moslem bodies to break even.

Good Start Though!
:thumbup1:

#12 ·
The Nigerians have been trying to live at peace with their head-banging howling moon-worshiping bretheren for several years and all it gets them is burned churches, murdered preachers and raped women.

It's about time they struck back.
There's nothing in the Bible that says you have to keep turning the other cheek over and over and over again until you're beaten senseless.

#13 ·
People are having their fill of the religion of heathens.
Sounds like a good start.

OK that passed real quick now lets get on the business of killing them all and let thier GOD sort them out !!!!!!!!!!!
Nigerians need at least 28 more mosques and 44-45 moslem bodies to break even.

Good Start Though!
ah religion......I don't see the difference between molselms and you fine "christians". you both are the same when it comes down to it.

#16 ·
Custer said:
You do have to be careful about calling something a religious war or you risk having it spill over into religious strife you did not want.

Has the US ever fought a religious war?

We're fighting one now. Secularism vs. Religious Conservatism.

Yes, Secularism is a kind of religion in my book.

#20 ·
Maybe because America was founded on religious tolerance and freedom of worship?

I think it best if we are going to keep any shred of American idealism that we come up with something else. Nationalism or something.

Killing due to religious beliefs is repugnant and will destroy us in the long run even if we win.

#21 ·
Zane Zackerly said:
My contention is that atheism is a religion because it requires as much faith to believe there is no god as it does to believe there is one.

Agnosticism is probably the only position that doesn't require faith.
Well, Zane, I would not agree with that. This conundrum existed long before Christianity and still express the effort to deal with it through logic, not faith:

The Riddle of Epicurus
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

#22 ·
Custer said:
Well, Zane, I would not agree with that. This conundrum existed long before Christianity and still express the effort to deal with it through logic, not faith:

The Riddle of Epicurus
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

The answer is: Free Will. God is able to prevent evil but unwilling because then there would be no Free Will.

#24 ·
Zane Zackerly said:
Agnosticism is probably the only position that doesn't require faith.

I guess you could call me agnostic. I don't hold any hatred of anyone because of what they believe or don't believe. But, I hate the muslims because their head banging religion provokes them into screwing with everyone else, even people like me. I wouldn't even mind if they went around knocking on doors and stuffing little leaflets under your storm door of your house. I can tell them to go away and throw their literature in the trash. But muslims aren't satisfied with trying convert people peacefully. "Jihad is the way to success.

#25 ·
Custer said:
Maybe because America was founded on religious tolerance and freedom of worship?

I think it best if we are going to keep any shred of American idealism that we come up with something else. Nationalism or something.

Killing due to religious beliefs is repugnant and will destroy us in the long run even if we win.
True words. :thumbup1:

#26 ·
I am far more willing to kill some tenthead moslem then allowing him to kill me just to avoid me having a guilt trip.

You wanna ride the horn...abdule..come and fuck with the bull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.