Gunco Forums banner

Why has this placed slowed so much?

7K views 152 replies 44 participants last post by  sniper69 
#1 ·
I seems since the "builder" vs "GD" arguments this place has slowed in the discussions quite a bit.

Have the builders crying run GD into the ground?

#34 ·
magnus392 said:
Several of the ppl that left and 10 times the builder you are or ever will be.
Magnus,
As you can see by my post I stated that "posting a 1000 times a day" was an obvious exaggeration. Pirate at no time called anybody any names or made reference to their building skills.

You might be frustrate at his comment, you might take offence to it, but a personal attack on one of my admins and calling him a fuckin prick doesn't fly in my book.

You have a problem with a member or admin either PM them, hold it in or deal with it, but DO NOT post like you just did. This goes for anybody on this board.

There is obvious bad will still between people on the boards, mud slinging and name calling is not the way to mend fences. As I have said many times the DB crew can post over here if they wish, I just want constructive, intelligent conversation from all sides.

-Bob

#40 ·
icarus said:
The last 4 pages of horse shit is why this place has slowed IMO. CB why dont you say something about someones mother if you want to start an argument? Yall sound like my kids when they start bickering.
I don't believe I know your mother.

Edited to Add: This thread with 4 pages has more input than any other threads on the first page. This board is lacking (SLOW) since many of the early members left.

#42 ·
Illya Kuryakin said:
Yea, lacking the kind of dribble that used to fill up page after page of posts
:rofl:
:thumbup1:

Remember when we had to sort through pages of new posts to find something worth reading? Remember the posts about where to buy socks? Those sure were busy times.

I checked the board that CB frequents most often now. It averages 20 to 25 posts per day. And 25% of those posts are by one person. Talk about sloooooow. No wonder he's back over here stirring shit.

#45 ·
Chromebolt said:
I don't believe I know your mother.

Edited to Add: This thread with 4 pages has more input than any other threads on the first page. This board is lacking (SLOW) since many of the early members left.
I dont beleive that you would or should know my dear sweet mother. I was just venting, its seemed odd to post such a question here. I still visit Gunco daily, however I visit 2 other boards daily also, as you know, why have things picked up on those boards. Gunco is still a great place to hang out, good people such as yourself, admins, owner Bob, preacher, Its not the same without some of the other pot stirrers grant it, but a damn fine place. Didnt mean to direct a negative statement at you directly, that wasnt my intent. You are a good guy IMO, as is everyone else here at gunco.

#46 ·
ozzy the nuke said:
So, you saying you think I stifled or muffled you?
I'm thicker skinned than that. But you have complained about folks posting too much, taking over the discussion, people with many post counts stiffling newcomers, etc.

Water under the bridge, I hope.

Things here have slowed. Lurk at other sites where I also post all you want. That doesn't change the perception this site has changed (slowed).

#51 ·
icarus said:
I really enjoy building.
I do too. After building 9 different AK's I only have one more AK kit to complete. I've been involved in many other AK endeavours with others.

It gets old (the simplistic AK) after a while. Time to move on to different things.

As you know I'm a Thompson fan and my recent efforts have concentrated on this firearm.

Change is good. Change that does not improve, stimulate, facilate information is not good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.