Gunco Forums banner

Who has a shop?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SalBO 
#1 · (Edited)
Years ago I installed a small shop in my basement to just reload and work on firearms. It takes up about a 1/4 of my unfinished part of the basement. It's a great place to go to get away from all the girls.

I have to go to my other shop to weld, grind, etc. But it's nice to have a small place to just work on guns.:thumbup1:

You can see where one of my psycho Great Danes decided to chew on the wood.:angry: She has since outgrown her passion for my tables.

Anybody else have a shop for guns?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a couple also...Three to be exact...all smaller than I would like

#7 ·
I have a 32 X 28 garage at home. I enclosed a 12' X 12' room for hobbies, gun building and important (to me)things. After I filled that room up with kits, tools and stuff, I moved into the general garage area.

It is now filled up with power and lawn tools, 1950 Plymouth parts and important things. My wife isn't happy with it (or me) anymore. Around 3 years ago I made a New Years resolution to clean it by the end of that year.

I am going to get it done when I get some of my projects out of the way. I wish that my wife would stop giving me projects to do.

#16 ·
Tomtbo said:
I have a small mill and lathe in a spare 2nd story bedroom, and all the welding equipment, big vises, anvil, etc., in an adjoining garage. Running up and down stairs so many times a day has kept me fairly trim for a 51 year old who likes beer!
A man after my own heart, except you're a couple of years younger.

Start lifting weights and running. It helps to offset the beer:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

#19 ·
The way to deflect all criticism from people of the Female variety (this shop is a mess, how can you find anything in here! etc.) is to learn to fix jewelry! A gunsmith already has most of the same tools, and once you fix a necklace or pair of earrings for the Missus, there's peace in the valley tonight!

#22 ·
7.62x39 said:
I hope We're not deducting points for neatness LOL
if my shop were that neat and pretty my wife would give me an award........hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.