Gunco Forums banner

New Recruits?

601 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  aviator 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Custer, Why are you doing this to me?

I have a problem with the "latino" word.

Latino is anyone who's of latin descent, however, what's a "latin descent"?

Italians, our language (I'm part Italian) is definetly the closest there is to Latin, French is also derived, Spanish, of course and some others that escape my memory. But lately "latino" is being used mostly for Mexicans and South Americans that have a more definite similarity with aborigins than with the original latin descendants. I for one take it as an insult to be called "latin", either call me American or Cuban, I have a definied family history that certanly does not go back to South American Indians nor anywhere close to the Mexican border, more like Sicily and the Catalonia region of Northeastern Spain combined and born in Cuba. Do we call Europeans "Latinos" as well?

What these guys are doing (and I'm well aware that you know the difference) is searching for the bottom feeders that need any excuse to be against the American establishment, just like they have found a few in the black community.

By the way, they told me my donation was tax exempt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.