Gunco Forums banner

Resizing Pics

13K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  GLAK 
#1 ·
This is an easy way to resize pictures it is done Paint that is included in windows XP.

See less See more
#4 ·
Since we do our size limits in pixels it's handy to have a program that sizes like that. Let me see if I can find a good freeby.

#11 ·
??? I don't think your post count has anything to do with seeing pics? I know you can't send a PM until you get 20+ post but you should be able to see pics.

Thanks for the link Ironhat.
Where are you located? I'm near Mountville, just west of Lancaster.

#16 · (Edited)
if you are using sofware, I have found that a farily useable size for photos is

500px width x whatever height

the reason is, a picture this size will show up on all monitors without having to sidescroll, even the 15" ones. You can go larger, but I am not sure how much, I switched to a 19" widescreen monitor. Larger also means a larger file to store.

Keep aspect ratio when resizing. Also cropping the photo will provide a much nicer image within the 500px width size.

#19 ·
I use Photobucket and have good luck with it. You can edit, resize, crop to name a few.
As far as seeing pictures in a post; I found out the hard way that if I delete a picture in Photobucket the posted picture goes away too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.