Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: U.S Army BootCamp

Feedback Score

Default U.S Army BootCamp

I have a few questions to those who went through boot camp.I am going to boot camp at ft. Knox kentucky in august.I know you cant bring anything but whats the appropriate clothing you have to wear going to boot camp.i know you also cant talk when your in line waiting for food.any helpfuls tips would be great, thank you pvt. Bartwink.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

You did it bro.

No mercy whatsoever!

L.O.L.!!!

So, there it is.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Get a good watch, I prefer the Luminox dive watch (Luminox 3901 Black Navy Seal Diver Watch NIB - eBay (item 200353007800 end time Jul-15-09 07:24:09 PDT)) a surefire G2 LED with a red filter lens. Butane lighter to burn off loose threads on your uniform. Nail clippers. Everything else will be taken from you.
    Speak only when spoken to
    A Drill Sgt. is not a "sir", so don't call him one.
    Start running NOW, every day.
    Your not going to Ft. Benning so your not going 11B/C/M ect., so what is your primary MOS going to be?
    Are you going OSUT (One Station Unit Training), Basic and AIT running consecutive?
    Just remember, it's all a "mind fuck". I did mine in '83 so I'm sure certain things have changed.
    Good luck and drive on, when it's over and you get your little "Thank you for Coming ribbon" you'll never regret doing it.
    Bassett
    ps. Then go Airborne and Ranger
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just bring some civilian clothes you don't really care to much about and a pair of glasses that you don't really need (if you wear them). Everything else will be confiscated except for 1 book and the bible. Everything else will be provided or bought at the first trip to the BX ... or PX whatever you Army guys call it.

At least that was the way it was when i did USAF boot camp in 2001. Good luck and thank you for serving.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I went to Fort Knox for my boot camp in 1983 there are some very nice hills for marching up and down. Just Listen to your Drill Instructors and do what they say and you'll be fine and remember it's Only Boot Camp and not for Life
    they want to see what your made and make you improve upon what you are.
    After your done you should be in the best shape of your life.
    As far as clothes take a nice shirt and nice pair of jeans shoes at the end of your boot camp depending on how things go you may have a day of leave and may want to go out and visit the local area. Good Luck to and thanks for Joining!!

Oh yeah whats you MOS going to be Armor? Cav Scout?
    Last edited by Akfite; 07-01-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: mos question
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If you're a "big fella", don't take any clothes.

They'll flap and sag on you at the end of boot camp.

Feedback Score

Dont call it "boot camp". Its "Basic Training".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I went through Parris Island back in 2005. That place sucked. Especially during the summer. All those damn bugs. Just remember that its a mind game. They wont make you do anything that they themselves haven't already done. It's kinda like a right to passage. Yeah, you'll hate it there! But at least you get the weekends off. In the Marine Corps that shit didn't fly. It was 7 days a week there. I also have been told you get stress cards. Ask your recruiter about those. But don't bring anything with you besides religious stuff, like your Rosary or Bible. They'll take you to the PX and you'll buy everything you need there. Have your family send you some mailing supplies once you get there. Stuff like envelopes and stamps. Your allowed to have that kinda stuff. O yeah, I forgot that you get the weekends off. Never mind that. You could just call your family from a phone. Good luck and remember its a mind game.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My younger brother did 6 months at Ft Knox.ROTC had to be paid back. Two years active or 6 years reserves.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thank you for joining and serving.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.