NRA convention/Gunco get together...May 14-16 2010

13K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  zoom6zoom 
#1 ·
NRA convention May 14-16 2010 in Charlotte NC

Link to convention info.
139th NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXH

This years venue.
Charlotte Convention Center :: Home

If any of you have been to one of the annual conventions, you know how cool they are. It's like the biggest gunshow you've ever seen. They move it every year. Some of us got together a few years ago when it was in Pittsburgh. They had 4 acres of booths set up by every manufacturer and supplier in the firearms industry.
We had an awesome time.

As far as gunco staff goes, I'll be there along with Winn R, Salbo and I believe Pirate56.

Who else is up for a road trip?

#2 ·
NRA convention May 14-16 2010 in Charlotte NC

Link to convention info.
139th NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXH

This years venue.
Charlotte Convention Center :: Home

If any of you have been to one of the annual conventions, you know how cool they are. It's like the biggest gunshow you've ever seen. They move it every year. Some of us got together a few years ago when it was in Pittsburgh. They had 4 acres of booths set up by every manufacturer and supplier in the firearms industry.
We had an awesome time.

As far as gunco staff goes, I'll be there along with Winn R, Salbo and I believe Pirate56.

Who else is up for a road trip?

See you there if we are still free enough to travel!

#3 ·
No

Nope, No, Nada, Not a chance, Nah, No way Jose, Noper, No.
Every time I go too those fun shows I spend money I dont have.
Ah what the hell. I'll see yah there Chief. :)

#6 ·
4th -- it's mostly about fondling.

it's like those old Bangkok places where you touch all you want at the table:naughty:

They didn't even charge Max clean up costs when he drooled all over this little stubby 45!

#9 · (Edited)
Charlotte has a super nice airport. Think it was Charlotte, I had a few sips of the devils brew in me.
Looking out the window coming in, it was a nice looking place.
Delta flight took us rite over the race track. I like it up there.
Just remembered I took a picture from the plane coming in. Anybody recognize the place?

Attachments

#15 ·
i think i'll make it . i need to hook up with salbo,(his electric chair clears a nice path in a crowd).:) just watch out for you toes when he does a 180!

#17 ·
LMAO...

i cant even get hooked up with you when you live 20 miles away from me.....

or standing with in 100yds at Knob Creek.

see Pirate more than i do you.

but would love to hook up with you guys sometime.

#22 ·
IIRC, if you are an NRA member you get in for free. If you pre-register through the website, you can avoid waiting in line to register at the event. The pre-registration link is not on their site yet, but will be as the date gets closer.

#26 ·
Is Bluejack helping you guys?
I don't think he would help much, he'd be too busy looking for the parts stash :D

Thanks for answering my question 7.62
I got another question/suggestion; Is it hard to make a sticky and remove them? Might want to make this a sticky until the show, then afterward move it back to the regular forum, I think this thread will get lost before the show.

#27 ·
I got another question/suggestion; Is it hard to make a sticky and remove them? Might want to make this a sticky until the show, then afterward move it back to the regular forum, I think this thread will get lost before the show.

Done.

There is a rumor circulating that the grand-poobah hisself may be winging his way on in from the west coast to attend.:rockon:

#31 ·
Dude..

Your beers are on me. No kidding. Everyone with a Gunco shirt on will be tossed out. :)
Gunco and Chief and Winn will be beating us with sticks too "get out."
"Great too meet you guys. NOW get out." :):geezer::cheers::lol::lol:

#35 ·
Thanks Chief..

They are nice places. Yes they are. Good price also.
In traveling through the Carolina's there is a lot of Military personnel in that A.O. traveling.
Anyone booking a place to stay bring anything showing you were or are in the Military. Carolina seems to be pretty darn good on Military discounts.
Military rates beat AAA and all my other discount cards.
Also car rental. I recently went to Connecticut and the first price I got from Hertz was $725 some dollars for a 11 day car rental.
As soon as I said Military the price changed to $325 including tax, with free mileage.

#39 ·
Damn.

I just checked flights from Daytona to Charlotte.
$1450 if I want a non-refundable.
$360 refundable.
Maybe the back of Pirates truck is starting too sound a little better. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.