Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blue Crabs..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

love them myself first thing i get when in delaware/nj in late summer, old bay is the way ( hay that rhymes) yep chick necks and scraps in a trap with string or at night with a spotlight and hand net with a long pole dad used to catch hundred they love the light any way the extras we would pick the meat and store (freeze it) then use it asa stuffing in fish dinners like stuff flounder( sole, fluke, halibit) enjoy and don't forget the butter
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Down here in S.W. Florida, I've never seen crabs less than $16 a dozen. And that was for small ones. When I go to the Jersey shore to see my mom, I buy them along the highway for 6-8 bucks a bushell. That's the only time I can afford to eat the little critters.
    Hunter

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    What a year we are having down here on the Saint Johns river.
    Blue crabs are coming in like crazy.. If I never eat another Blue Crab I will not be upset. I am sick of the damn things already.
    We are allowed up too 5 recreational traps per fishing license per household.
    I have caught about 100 so far.
    Took on a partner in my venture. He is a good ship mate. Works hard.
    Oh my dear GOD! I miss Blue Crab!!!!!

So very jealous!

That is a fine lookin' First Mate you have there. Hopefully, he works for Crab!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tardis42 View Post
    Hey 4th, did Officer Beal inspect those crabs, they look a little small
    Jeff.. He gave his dead Great Grandmother a ticket the other day.. Dug her up so she would show up in court..
    He has a new trick, cammo netting over his boat, damn we can't spot him, sneaky devil.
    Bought him lunch and he gave me a warning ticket for leaving Castaways restaurant to fast..
    "Jeff I just paid for your damn lunch for Gods sake?"
    That is why I am giving you a warning not a ticket..
    Were trying to get the drain plug out of his boat and sink it. Bur the son of gun wont get more than 50 feet from it..
    He is a trip, he always cuts us breaks, we like Jeff..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:24 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Panama? Not sure what they have for crabs down there..
    Were loaded with nice blue crabs here on the Saint Johns.. Damn problem is the thieves.. We put them on the edges of the river so as to keep them away from boat traffic.. Then the SOBs pick them up, steal the crabs, then drop them in the deep middle channel. Gone..
    I would smash into them with my boat at about 50 m.p.h., but they hit them at night..
    Tourists steal them local red necks steal them, I just go buy some when I want a few..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    One thing I really miss about being in South Carolina is the blue crabs. We'd go to the 3rd Bn pond on PI with a crab trap and a shrimp net and a case or five of beer and fill our icechests with crabs adn shrimp. Good times.

Was a place on the way to Hunting Island near Beaufort called Johnson Creek Tavern. had an amazing blue crab cake sandwhich.
    I used to love going crabbing when I was a kid. We used to go to Pawley's Island, and/or Litchfield beach area, and go crabbing in the Intracostal Waterway. Man what fun that was.

Now as far as P.I and 3rd Bn, when I was there in the early 80's I didn't have time to go crabbing!!! LOL. Although there were a few guys who had the crabs during First Phase.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.