Gunco Forums banner

Post a random picture thread

106K views 900 replies 110 participants last post by  frige 
#1 ·
Every other forum has one of these threads, wonder if it will fly here?

See less See more
#525 ·
Yep your right, Its a 71 firebird. The chassis is what is called 25-1c. All the tubing is cromemoly and is very light weight. It should weigh about 2500 race ready. It has the factory front frame rails and firewall, but its pure promod all the rest of the way back. The prochargers are the best thing to come out for a while. These guys are getting 2000 hp on pump gas! It insane.

#519 ·
Hey somebody gave Obammy a new hat.
Need to take the "hat" off that hat. :D

Got the procharger in.
Looks nice, keep the small children away from it. :D
OK got to ask, what the hell is a ProCharger, some kind of turbo thing that someone mad to be driven by the crank or a belt?

#526 ·
fridge, I can see that you haven't grown up either, got to love the hot rods. I got outa racing quite a few years ago, but I'm still into the car show scene. My 71 Boat Tail Rivi is this winters project. Never had a lead sled before so now's the time. I've had trucks and FireBirds/Camaros till they came outa my ears, time for something different. I think the Rivi will fit the bill. There kinda rare, I was looking on one of the Rivi spacific sites and theres only about 6000 boat tails total on the road wourld wide, it does turn heads when it comes rumbling down the road. Not going to motor up on this one to much just some pistons, roller cam/rockers headers tricarb set up and headers balance/bp and lots of bling and anc lines just to make it pretty. I'm going to keep it down to around 600 to keep it streetable. The 72 SS Nova I had was a blast but I spent all my time fussing with it, to much power for the road a titch>1200 hp, that's not all that fun on the road even though you'd think it would be. The 2 4500's on top of that Weiland super charger, took all my time to keep them balanced out, go up the mountain, tweek the carbs, come down the hill, tweek the carbs, spent more time keeping it running right on the street than it was wourth. I learned my lesson on big power for the street. Now on the track it was a whole different story, WHAT A BALL!!!! I ran a/gas and was pretty cosistant at mid 11's 146-8mph quarters, not bad by 1974 standards for a non sponsered joe blow when I used to run it. I miss the old girl, I kept it till 89 and I sold it to a guy in Pa, I saw it once after that at the Street Rod Nationals about 5 years ago, and it's still the way I originally built it, bad to the bone!!!! Been rebuilt and re-painted but still as I built it. You got a really nice project underway, the new technolagy they have now days is something else, you can really build some serious power. Be sure to get us up a vidio of a run when you got her done, NICE RIDE!! Can't wait to see it in action, keep us posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.