Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got Blueprints for the AK-47?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if you know how a to build a Ak from scratch you also have the abuility to copy one. n o one is going to spend hours on hours drawing up plans from existing partas and then hand them over for free. If you have the thousands of dollars in equipment to mill and turn parts and then properly temper them then you can afford a kit to copy. take your dimensuons and then sell it for what you paid or more.

Turbothis on the AKforum has made trunions from scratch about a year ago he did them on CNC equipment contact him. i doubt he is going to giver his hard work away however. You will not be able to build from scratch cheaper than from existing parts unless you dont count your time. the bolt/carrier an trunion are fairly complex. i looked into doing three lug saiga bolts and gave up after dealing with price work to pull it off.

i feel that a company with all the right stuff could mass produce the parts for a reasonable price but why when kits are still around for around $100. for it to be worth it you would need to offer something special that a normal kit dosent have like 3 lugs and the ability to handel higher pressures to allow 308win and other high pressure rounds to be safe. IMOO Sagia would sell a zillion rifles if they offered the 308 for the same money as the 7.62x39but some how they feel adding a 3rd lug that likely costs no differance than a normal bolt is worth $250.

I ha ve looked for years for prints or plans but have never seen them and if I owned them I honestly doubt i would give away something that valuable. Id find a way to make money off them by having my own parts made and sold.

BTW myou dont need a liscence to build parts for yourself. what liscense do you have???????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Somewhere, prior to a disk crash, I had links and a copy of some Russian pages that detailed a lot of stuff about the AK-47. It was very technical drawings and discussions. Since I work with a guy from Russia, I could get the translation done easily. Unfortunately, I lost both the link and the pages I'd copied down. Someone, somewhere, probably still has the link and/or the actual material.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    if you know how a to build a Ak from scratch you also have the abuility to copy one. n o one is going to spend hours on hours drawing up plans from existing partas and then hand them over for free. If you have the thousands of dollars in equipment to mill and turn parts and then properly temper them then you can afford a kit to copy. take your dimensuons and then sell it for what you paid or more.

Turbothis on the AKforum has made trunions from scratch about a year ago he did them on CNC equipment contact him. i doubt he is going to giver his hard work away however. You will not be able to build from scratch cheaper than from existing parts unless you dont count your time. the bolt/carrier an trunion are fairly complex. i looked into doing three lug saiga bolts and gave up after dealing with price work to pull it off.

i feel that a company with all the right stuff could mass produce the parts for a reasonable price but why when kits are still around for around $100. for it to be worth it you would need to offer something special that a normal kit dosent have like 3 lugs and the ability to handel higher pressures to allow 308win and other high pressure rounds to be safe. IMOO Sagia would sell a zillion rifles if they offered the 308 for the same money as the 7.62x39but some how they feel adding a 3rd lug that likely costs no differance than a normal bolt is worth $250.

I ha ve looked for years for prints or plans but have never seen them and if I owned them I honestly doubt i would give away something that valuable. Id find a way to make money off them by having my own parts made and sold.

BTW myou dont need a liscence to build parts for yourself. what liscense do you have???????
    i would have to honestly agree with you sir
    it would be most adventageous to just buy a kit and reverse engineer it
    start with this as a base

Romanian G AK-47 Parts Kit

then you will have most of the info available
    as for the hardness and tempering of the metals well that is another issue
    i do know that ak builder sells the receiver flat and it is 4130 annealed to start
    but however i really do not think it would be practical nor cost effective to set up and start forging new parts when there are several pre existing parts to be had

Feedback Score

I have an Australian 'Restricted Firearms Building' licence, which entitles me to build full autos on my government contract (not for civilian use) in Australia it is an offence to perform any alterations, repair or building of guns without a permit. We are also unable to import parts kits. I have about 500kg of assorted 4140 stainless steel bars, flat stock and 1mm- 10mm sheets, all the machinery needed to build guns, plus access to more materials and larger machinery. I have the skill to construct almost any weapon, and all i need are the plans for this one. with them, i may contemplate making Australian parts kits (semi-Auto only) for sale worldwide.
    Guns aren't dangerous. Women with guns are.

Feedback Score

Ok, guys I found them. But they are in Arabic. I will gladly give them to anybody who wants them. Here's the other forum thread: http://www.gunco.net/forums/f113/any.../?=#post629345
    Guns aren't dangerous. Women with guns are.

Feedback Score

Having built my own FAL receivers from barstock twenty plus years ago from a "Reverse Engineered" blueprint I can speak a say they are "Reference Prints" at best. The prints were lousy and looked like an 8th grader drew them and measured them, mistakes galore. Any reversed engineered print will never be true engineered prints with accurate tolerancing or datum locations. One of my buddies at work machined a Century Fal casting. He found the same prints on the net I bought years ago in SGN. He borrowed my updated prints with datums and reference points and an Aluminum test receiver made to prove out my CNC programs back in the day. These are his words not mine. " Wished I would have started with barstock cuz that Century casting was a POS. Nothing was straight and had to allow work with all the bends and flaws, a friggin hassle it was." I have read on the net that most if not all of those castings were rejects. My hat is off to those who have completed working FALs with those castings. I do respect true engineered prints.

With all that said I thought Semi-Auto rifles were forbidden in Australia? Kudos nitewraith for jumping trough all the legal whoops to build in Aussie land.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

" Wished I would have started with barstock cuz that Century casting was a POS. Nothing was straight and had to allow work with all the bends and flaws, a friggin hassle it was." I have read on the net that most if not all of those castings were rejects. My hat is off to those who have completed working FALs with those castings. I do respect true engineered prints.

Thanks for the complement, I did one of castigs with hand tools it would have gone easier if I owned a mill

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Can I get a link to the good receiver drawlings?

Thanks

There are a lot of guys around who can use AUTOCAD and inventor type programs. The hard part is getting correct measurements form the parts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Can I get a link to the good receiver drawlings?

Thanks

There are a lot of guys around who can use AUTOCAD and inventor type programs. The hard part is getting correct measurements form the parts.
    Ak47 drawings - free download - (2 files)
    Karl

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have an Australian 'Restricted Firearms Building' licence
    Ok sorry if I came across as rude. it just sounded funny when a guy from the US says he got a liscence and it put me on guard. I do hope you succede in your quest. perhaps you might have some sources there we dont have here. welcome to Gunco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.