Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Orion night vision scopes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by windermike View Post
    How do you mount these on other guns than HKs? I would like it on an ar10 for hogs.
    Never owned one myself but they come with three different mounts I think. Not sure how to even sight in one of these things, at night maybe.

Thinking maybe of getting one for an FAL tho.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

checking around the net it would seem that one of the mounts is a claw mount for the G-3 series rifles I assume the HK91/93 models but I believe its calibrated for 308 there is a mount that comes with the NVD for picatinny rails I assume thats its similar to the old weaver style I assume cause I don't know for sure, the other two mounts are for the MG-3 mg or MG42 post war variant and the panzerfaust ( bazooka) so they are useless to me
    I do believe these can be fitted to fal with rails

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Actually I have a FAL dust cover with the integrated rail. Locks up solid so that's what I would use. I have everything I need. Still thinking on it. Would be cool tho.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I am glad Iwrote the word assumed several times in the above post cause I was not sure if I was correct and when I am mistaken well I say so

ok the mounts that this come with are not adaptable for the picatinny rails and yes the mounts that are supplied with the scope are proper, this setup requires a Arms # 7 mount MSRP $48

of course the claw mount for the g-3 is completely correct, funny these same mounts as sold with these scopes sell for over $250.00 ( these are H&K mounts not cheap aftermarket mounts

still looking for a manual or PDF of one

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Mine locked up tight on my G3, optic is super clear at 200+ yds.

Well worth the money. I may buy another.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Link to Cope's page:
    Zeiss Night vision scope Cope's Distributing

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

This is a VERY heavy duty scope . Well made, and easy to set the scope on target.
    A little on the bulky side, but for the money it's a good buy. I know what most of the
    stuff on the scope is for, but it would be nice if a manual could be had.
    A question was asked of how to set the scope. In daylight, install the batters, leave the front cover on, turn on. You will see your sight, and will be able to set and adjust sights.
    The adjustments are on the left side, under little green rubber covers. The one for up & down will say {H] Right and left will say [S]
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have a copy of the manual for these scopes in german in PDF format
    Please feel free to contact me for a copy

just like with the STG 57/Sig Amt Blueprints contact me at Captainjack692@aol.com

sprat
    captainjack692@aol.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sprat,
    thanks for all of your willingness to help others in getting a manual translated.
    It's people like you that help make this hobby grow.
    So thanks again,
    Misty
    www.copesdistributing.net

~Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.~ JFK

Phone lines Open
    M-F 9am-530pm EST

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Misty

thank you for the kind words. I am a little busy, as I posted on the weaponsguild site. I took this scope out to the range but I didn't take the manual. On the H&K site one of the guys said to use the top dot for aiming, well its the second two dots used for aiming. Since it was raining in eastern Pa, I could not do long distance. but the scope worked fine. Once I can get back out and use the scope at the proper calibrated distance then I can comment further
    as far as translating the manual
    due to the graphic's this is a tall order, its not the translation per se, its the translations fitted with the graphic's. I will attempt this after hurricane Irene blows over
    and again its for all, upon request

here's a pic the zeiss is mounted on my ar-15 carbine with a Arms # 7 stanag to weaver (pitcantiny) mount sitting on a handle mount, little heavy for the carbine

sprat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zeiss Orion night vision scopes-ar-15-w-zeiss-nvd.jpg  

Zeiss Orion night vision scopes-000.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.