Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Short barreled shotgun not NFA

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Ask Randy Weaver how that short barreled thing works. That guy selling short barreled shotguns as legal is an idiot!
    If memory serves me, Randy Weaver did not cut the barrels shorter than the legal minimum. The overall length is what got him. The shotgun in question had a diliberately shortened stock; shortened to catch (i.e. entrap).

Feedback Score

Went into a pawn shop about 15+ years ago and asked to see the 410 Snake Charmer in the rack. Shop owner bought it with the thumb hole stock sawed off and the pistol grip was duct taped. I was a regular customer. Told him it was an illegal weapon and he argued that the barrel was 18 inches. I agreed but informed him the OAL was less than 26 inches. Jokingly told him I would call the ATF unless he gave me a screw driver and a good price. I disassembled the pistol grip and barrel from the receiver had him throw the pistol grip in the trash and paid $25. Did the paper work and left with bag of parts. Ended up buying a reject Cricket stock added on an order from Numrich GPC. Made a legal length butt and made a new forend for cheap. Used it as a salt water boat gun. BTW don't ask about 400 series stainless steel, salt water and rust.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Correct..

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister View Post
    If memory serves me, Randy Weaver did not cut the barrels shorter than the legal minimum. The overall length is what got him. The shotgun in question had a diliberately shortened stock; shortened to catch (i.e. entrap).
    Seems Weaver was looking for a religion he liked. Dabbled with the Aryan Nation and said no go.
    He wanted to retreat too the mountains and be left alone.. Feds would not have it.. They wanted an informant to infiltrate the Aryan's, as the Agent they sent to set up Weaver had been outed..
    The Agent somehow got Weaver involved with the "illegal" ??? shotguns. Entrapment. In return, charges would be dropped if he turned snitch. He said no..
    Court date was set on the charges, which he never got info of.. A U.S. Marshall said to back off and leave the Vietnam Vet alone..
    Feds wanted blood, they got it.. He was arrested on the failure to appear charges. After a bit of blood spilled.. His wife shot and killed.
    Bo Gritz, Weavers C.O. was a bad mo fo in Nam.. If Weaver served with him, he was a bad mo fo..
    You mess with the bull, you get the horns..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 03-12-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Paragraph not complete.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Seems Weaver was looking for a religion he liked. Dabbled with the Aryan Nation and said no go.
    He wanted to retreat too the mountains and be left alone.. Feds would not have it.. They wanted an informant to infiltrate the Aryan's, as the Agent they sent to set up Weaver had been outed..
    The Agent somehow got Weaver involved with the "illegal" ??? shotguns. Entrapment. In return, charges would be dropped if he turned snitch. He said no..
    Court date was set on the charges, which he never got info of.. A U.S. Marshall said to back off and leave the Vietnam Vet alone..
    Feds wanted blood, they got it.. He was arrested on the failure to appear charges. After a bit of blood spilled.. His wife shot and killed.
    Bo Gritz, Weavers C.O. was a bad mo fo in Nam.. If Weaver served with him, he was a bad mo fo..
    You mess with the bull, you get the horns..
    Sadly, it cost him his wife and child. He received an "undisclosed" settlement from the government.

The "marksman" who shot Weaver's wife was aiming for the adult male behind her. She was holding an infant. With an aim that bad, the "marksman" could have killed mother and child. Heck, with an aim that bad, the "marksman" probably has not fathered a child of his own.

When the shooting starts, marking the end of this nation, there will be cries of "Remember Ruby Ridge". Least we all forget.

buckmeister

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.