Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow! 10,800,000 guns sold last year!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think there is still a sort of gun-panic in the works. in 08 it was

" i got to buy my guns before their outlawed."

today it is --"i got to buy a gun before i lose my job (or unemployment)."

with newt running against the big "O" the economy looks like it is going to suck much harder in the near future.

you think it sucks now--just wait!

Feedback Score

I think for the most part, people just want more guns. There isn't just one reason. I seriously doubt most people buy guns because they are afraid of loosing their job soon. And I seriously doubt they are buying them because they think the world is going to chaos soon or we'll get invaded. I personally don't know of anyone who buys guns for those reasons. Everyone I know that buys a gun buys it because they want the darn thing. There's a big, imaginary, flashing neon sign in our minds saying buy it. And I don't know about the rest of the country, but I can't ignore that sign. I, myself, have a thing for long barreled guns, big gauge guns, big caliber guns, and oddballs. If I find a gun meeting any of that criteria at a low price, I'm buying if it's not complete junk. And sometimes I get that gut feeling saying to walk away, and I do. And it's worked out better in the long run everytime.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sof081979 View Post
    i know someone who bought over 150 in the past 3 months and got a visit and a letter from atf. they tried to infringe on the collector -dealer borderline.

unfortunately most people who own guns never stock up enough on ammo, assuming they can always run down to wally's and get them sum.
    Yep , you are correct Carlos.

Without ammo a gun is nothing more than an expensive Club!

Feedback Score

I won't say how many guns I purchased last year, but I will tell you that I bought more than my fair share of ammo to go along with them. Anytime I go to a gun store I buy a minimum of at least one box of ammo

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Does buying receivers count for a fire arm? If that is the case, I have been busy. The last complete gun I bought, was a H&R M1 Garand @ a gun show FTF in November! I'd rather build, than buy!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Does buying receivers count for a fire arm?
    If it has to go through an FFL it does, so thank you for doing your part
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.