Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WWII buried spitfires found!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

For the first time, Google Earth has released high-resolution images of "The Boneyard" – the world's largest military aircraft cemetery adjacent to the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Ariz. It was established after World War II.
    World News: Google Earth captures aircraft boneyard - thestar.com

Well here is 4,400 old planes.. If we can just get over that damn fence and....
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:30 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I have also seen them being pushed off the decks of aircraft carriers on tv. What a stupid waste of tax dollars!!!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

For the first time, Google Earth has released high-resolution images of "The Boneyard" – the world's largest military aircraft cemetery adjacent to the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Ariz. It was established after World War II.
    World News: Google Earth captures aircraft boneyard - thestar.com
    THEY SHOULD GIVE/SELL TOURS OF THE PLACE. ID GO.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    THEY SHOULD GIVE/SELL TOURS OF THE PLACE. ID GO.
    AMARG (Boneyard) Tour
    The Pima Air & Space Museum offers exclusive bus tours of the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Center (AMARG), also known as the "Boneyard." The facility is located adjacent to the Museum at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Seats are avaliable on a "first come first serve" basis.

You will need to check in at the Pima Air & Space Museum Admissions

no later than 1 hour prior to tour departure time. The tour bus boards at the Museum entrance.
    309th AMARG Tour
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The planes found in the BONEYARD are generally post Korean war, the last of the F-86's were removed a few years back and used as un manned drones for missle testing. there are a few on C-47's (DC-3) other than that there are no WW2 or korean war vets in the BONEYARD

airclassic's has been following the contents of the yard for 4 decades and civilain purchase is restricted. Gov't agencies like the coast guard and US fire service get first pick, & god knows what other Alphabet agencies

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

That deal is pretty impressive if you can find it on google earth. I saw one of those old nose art panels from a B-17 when we were on spring break. This one is called "Blasting Betty." I am going to take a picture of it when I go back down there. I do not think pictures of this one have been published.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

GOOD TO KNOW IF I EVER GET THAT WAY ILL BE CHECKING IT OUT.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've been following the burma spitfire story for weeks as well. Hoping for pics soon.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

The Boneyard at Davis-Monthan is impressive as hell, and tragic all at the same time. Pima Air Museum is awesome as well. Spent part of the summer of 1994 helping at our sister facility in Tuscon (Lockheed Martin) working on the King of Saudi's 747. Great experience all the way around.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Excavators head to Burma hoping to uncover buried stash of WWII fighter planes

Read more: Excavators head to Burma hoping to uncover buried stash of WWII fighter planes | Fox News

Looks like we'll all be finding out soon. I love stuff like this. There's just nothing that compares to burried treasure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.