Gunco Forums banner

New Wounded Warrior link

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
#3 ·
WHAT EVER iF i HAD ANY EXTRA CASH TO GIVE ID FIND A VET THAT WAS WONDED AN GIVE IT PERSONALY SCREW THERE DRAMA AN THERE POLITICS AN ATTEMPTS TO CONTRLO WHAT WIL AN WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED.

THERE CONCERN SHOULD BE HELPING THE WONDED VETS AN NOT WORRING ABOUT WHO IS KIND ENOUGH TO DONATE.

#4 ·
That article is dated November 14th. Their position since then is anti-gun as far as I know. Either way, I won't donate squat to them. The damage has been done as we now know their true face. Nope, not one red cent from me.

#5 ·
How it usually works..

Someone comes up with a good idea, such as the "Wounded Warrior Program."
Great idea. But like any idea that grows, they need management, advertisers, ways to distribute monies, etc..
In steps companies to help.. That overflowing donation jar at your local VFW, well how to I get it too Vets in need?
Does it even make it out of the VFW, without some scum doggie sticking their hands in the jar?
Our local one, has been hit for well over a hundred grand $$$$.. That they know of..
Not picking on the VFW, scum doggies are everywhere..
Our commander had two Purple Hearts and a disabled Vet license plate.
He was never in the Military.. Left the VFW a rich man. Warrants out on him, but rich.
CharityWatch - Helping Donors Make Informed Giving Decisions
Do not give up on charity organizations.. Check that link before donating..
Those people ringing the bell outside the stores "Salvation Army" leads every year as the best.
Take the least and give the most, back too people in need..

#6 ·
A CNN investigation inspired by CharityWatch article Millions in Future Donations to Vets Charity Will Pay Debt Owed to Vendors reveals further details showing that only a small portion of donations raised by Disabled Veterans National Foundation (DVNF) goes to assist injured veterans. Thanks to CNN's continued reporting on F rated DVNF, two US Senators have now launched "an investigation into the potential abuses of tax-exempt nonprofit status" by DVNF and are looking into "questionable financial ties between DVNF and Quadriga Art."
Check out the following links to CNN's reporting on DVNF and Quadriga:
CharityWatch president, Daniel Borochoff, comments about the waste at this and other veterans charities. This follow-up video features veterans charities that have received useless in-kind donations from DVNF, and the group's president refusing to explain why DVNF provides so little aid to veterans. DVNF's responses to CNN take a "bizarre and nonsensical" twist and J.D. Simpson, who operates a shelter serving homeless veterans, says that DVNF diverts much-needed funds away from groups helping veterans in need.
CharityWatch Hot Topics Concerning Your Favorite Charities

#7 ·
CharityWatch Hall of Shame
CharityWatch Hall of Shame - charitywatch.org

Red Cross Reputation Bloodied Again - charitywatch.org

After the terrible tragedy of 9/11.. Billions $$$$ poured into the Red Cross.
Brave souls, Fireman, Police, citizens were begging the Red Cross for help.
The check is in the mail, wait..
It was in the mail alright. Monies were sent too the Los Angela's A.O..
Chauffeured limos, Lobster dinners for corporate heads, vacations.
Bill "O" on Fox news nailed them..
Made the CEO of the Red Cross get on his hands and knees and apologize..
Red Cross Diverted 9-11 Towers Donations from Victims!!

#8 ·
Our Vt Sportsman's Tournament Series is in the process of trying to set up something with the Wounded Warriors Project as we speak. We have been in contact with them and the final details are being worked out at this point, I hope we can get something rolling for this season and it looks like it will happen,,,, I can't wait!!!

Fishound and myself are very much on top of this as we both care very much about this program and we want to do what ever we can to help out. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens. All of our sponser's are on board and I think we can do a world of good with this.

#9 ·
Yep, the only one I donate cash to is the Starvation Army. I don't put money in the "black kettles" but I use the web site:

https://donate.salvationarmyusa.org...oogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid+search

I also give old equipment and various goods to the local Thrift Store. Occasionally to the local Deseret and Good Will Stores as well (they are also good charities and outreach programs). Funny how it's the religious ones that are the only honest ones.

#10 ·
Sorry

wrench I got off topic on your post relating to guns and the WWP..
Sorry bout that, I kind of snapped..
Their gross was 74 million j4, not a total of 70 million $$...
With 13 million $$ going too our hero VETS..
I kind of snapped..
The CEOs probably crawled in their holes to avoid publicity..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.