Thread: A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

Not sure if anyone has seen this, it's a long read, but definitely a good one.

It is written by a licensed psychiatrist and digs pretty deep into why people are actually anti-gun, to understand not how they feel, but why they feel the way they do. It also dives a bit into how to show them the other side, how to diffuse a situation, etc. Unlike most pieces written either for or against, it actually includes references and historical fact to support the idea behind it. Enjoy (if you have the time)

Raging Against Self Defense:
    Karl

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the world is getting more nutz every day it seems.

the anti-gun crowd obviously suffer from some kind of mental issue.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Thanks, Karl. A good read.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Very good read. I sent it to all in my inner circle.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

A good read, but wrong. These people are mental defectives and can't be brought around by gentle words and reasoning.
    A few years back I go to a seafood festival and there was a stand there that had a large sign hanging over it that read "MEAT is MURDER". Now to me, that's an invitation to a conversation.
    I walked over and said in as nice a voice as I could muster(I had worked all night) Hey, whether you believe Genisis or are a Darwinian, you have to recognize that we walk upright on our hind legs, have forward-looking binocular vision and have canine teeth. That makes us great predators and we should eat some meat.
    Their reply to my cogent, concise, well thought out and reasoned argument was, and I'm quoting here, 'fuck you asshole'.
    Now I ask you, just how does one respond to that type of sane, sound reasoning? Any ideas?
    And I'm telling you, that was not an isolated incident. If I told you how many times that's happened to me, you would swear I was inciting.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    A good read, but wrong. These people are mental defectives and can't be brought around by gentle words and reasoning.
    A few years back I go to a seafood festival and there was a stand there that had a large sign hanging over it that read "MEAT is MURDER". Now to me, that's an invitation to a conversation.
    I walked over and said in as nice a voice as I could muster(I had worked all night) Hey, whether you believe Genisis or are a Darwinian, you have to recognize that we walk upright on our hind legs, have forward-looking binocular vision and have canine teeth. That makes us great predators and we should eat some meat.
    Their reply to my cogent, concise, well thought out and reasoned argument was, and I'm quoting here, 'fuck you asshole'.
    Now I ask you, just how does one respond to that type of sane, sound reasoning? Any ideas?
    And I'm telling you, that was not an isolated incident. If I told you how many times that's happened to me, you would swear I was inciting.
    Hunter

Yeah, they are absolutely rabid about whatever strange behavior/belief that they hold to be true. When you try to use calm, intelligent reason, their brain shuts down because they know that the sound reason trumps their "belief", so they use the Alinsky tactic of attacking the "instigator", and try to make them look foolish in some form or fashion. It's straight out of the Liberal playbook.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Now I ask you, just how does one respond to that type of sane, sound reasoning?

HMMMMMM I CAN THINK OF A FEW WAYS.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Karl! Anti-gunners have a totalitarian mindset that wants to outlaw any freedom they consider dangerous. In other words they are a bunch of Commies, yukedy, yuk!

Feedback Score

I suggest Dr. Sanity and Shrinkwrapped for insights into the left.
    VERY telling.
    If the left can make a cowardly mass muderer like che guevara a hero, I can make PinoCHEt mine.
    (That is not my Buick in the photo)

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.