Thread: Deja Vu - all over again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Deja Vu - all over again

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and given him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the new wonderful good society which shall now be Rome's, interpreted to mean more money, more ease, more security, and more living fatly at the expense of the industrious."
    --Roman philosopher and statesman Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
    Karl

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score

I have been saying it for years. We are mirroring the fall of a previous great empire. Like Rome we have extended life expectancy, created an economic powerhouse, constructed one of the strongest militaries ever witnessed, and created a system where one could flourish beyond their wildest dreams with significant effort, All the while removing all of the systems which over the years of human history have ensured the survival of only the fittest.

Eventually the weakest of us, the self proclaimed victims, who are allowed to simply exist through life and do nothing to better man kind, begin to grow in numbers. The weak always discover the easiest way to exist is to feed off of the strong. The weak always find it easier to blame someone for their successes either than blame themselves for their failures.

Julius Ceaser didn't have the money to continue to hand out bread in the streets of Rome, But other Romans did. The collapse of Rome came when one man siezed power turning the Republic into a shell of its former self yet recalling memories of the great society they had built to stifle the realization it was no longer in existance. This is how the voices of the governed were removed, allowing all of their rights and liberties to be overseen by one man.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yep--the lazy, incompetent and near sighted are in charge and their making the policy that will last for decades after their gone and everybody is going to have to live with it.

those who want something for nothing today are going to make everyone go hungry tomorrow.

sort of like the new math-- kite all the checks you can today they pay for the overdraft with a credit card--

i don't think the administration knows what "debt" is. sort of like being overdrawn is some kind of new normal---

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

YEAP THIS IS A VERY YOUNG COUNTRY AN ITS SYSTEM IS UNPORVEN YET PEOLE THINK IT WILL BE HERE FOR A 1000 YEARS. SOMEHOW THEY FEEL WE HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT MAN HASNET BEEN ABLE TO FOR 5000 YEARS. IDIOTS.

EVERY ONE ACTS AS IF THERE WILL NEVER BE A UPRISING OR A WAR HELL THE CIVIL WAR WAS NOT THAT LONG AGO ONLY 3 OR 4 GENERATIONS AGO THE COUNTRY WAS ONLY JUST A LITTLE MORE DEVIDED THAN IT IS NOW.

WWI WWII WERE NOT THAT LONG AGO. I SPOKE TO A WOMEN THAT WAS 102 AN RECALLED WWII LIKE IT YESTERDAY A FEW WEEKS AGO AT MY PARENTS 50TH ANIVERSORY PARTY. SHE THINKS OBAMA IS A IDIOT BTW.

HOW FAST WE FORGET OUR PAST.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Allot of the American people are ignorant lazy spoiled brats who have no idea what is going to happen to them as a result of this Commie Muzloid scumbag being in charge for 8 years!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.