Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gun control petition clears White House response threshold

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Gun control petition clears White House response threshold

Gun control petition clears White House response threshold

Snippit:

A petition calling on President Barack Obama to push for new gun control laws in the aftermath of the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., has cleared the 25,000-signature threshold required to obtain a formal White House response.

The measure, filed in response to Friday's massacre, urges Obama to "immediately address the issue of gun control through the introduction of legislation in Congress."

"The goal of this petition is to force the Obama Administration to produce legislation that limits access to guns," it says. "While a national dialogue is critical, laws are the only means in which we can reduce the number of people murdered in gun related deaths."

Obama vowed on Friday to "take meaningful action, regardless of the politics," to prevent future tragedies like the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Continued: Gun control petition clears White House response threshold | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Black Blade: The rumblings of the anti-gunners grow louder.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yep here it comes AGAIN--only probably worse than the bill clinton era---

Feedback Score

I'm wondering what they will say about this because I never heard anything out of the petitions to succeed from the Union. Do ya'll think the WH is selective about what petitions they respond publicly to?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Don't assume it is going to pass. All we can do is fight this. If all the gun owners actually pulled their thumb out of their ass and got motivated to petition their representatives then we would not be worrying about this shit. A mental fucktard stole a gun. HOW oh HOW will more laws help this issue. If anything how did he get access to it to begin with.

Frankly, with all respect to the larger issue, it sounds to me like the mother needed to have better training on how to properly secure a gun from theft. From either her fucked up kid or any "snatch-and-grab" would-be robber.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Well said

Feedback Score

well said pookie. The idea of personal responsibility, "lock up your stuff" was missing here. Or the mom was goofy enough herself to let her little darling have acess to a deadly weapon. You just do not allow nutjobs to handle firearms in my household. The PC term is "developmentally challenged", they need supervision or a hospital setting to stay alive. They cannot function with society. The liberal minset is that we are all equal. The facts say otherwise. Don't hand the car keys to a 10 year old and expect good results. The cotton candy world some of these folks inhabit is amazing, My daughter is bi polar, me and my wife handle her money, make sure she goes to doctor, etc. Leaving her on her own is a real train wreck, yet the libs have the view that her "rights" are compromised by keeping her under a close leash. Believe me, there is much less chaos when we can manage her affairs.
    politicians PREFER unarmed peasants

Feedback Score

I dont live there, but a couple of gunowners i know who DO live there say most of the gun control laws the antigunners want to see are already on the books in connecticut.

That will be ignored, and so will the idea that gun control failed to do anything to stop this mess from happening.

Feedback Score

So, How about somebody write up a petition opposite to this one, like a petition get rid of gun laws that serve no purpose(for which they were passed)???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My daughter is bi polar, me and my wife handle her money, make sure she goes to doctor, etc. Leaving her on her own is a real train wreck
    IM VERY CLOSE TO SOME ONE WITH A VERY SIMULAR CONDITION AN I FEEL FOR YOU . THERE IS NO RHYME OR RESON SOME TIME AN ITS A SCARY THING TO WATCH.

I WISH YOU THE BEST AN I WISH THERE WAS MORE HELP OUT THERE.

I PERSOANLY KNOW A WOMAN WHO HAS A 6 YEAR OLD THAT HAS SOME DEFFINATE ISSUES HE IS FLAT OUT MEAN EVIL AN NASTY I SUSPECT HE HAS SOME REAL ISSUES. THE STATE WILL NOT HELP EXCEPT TO SPEND ABOUT $50,000 INVESTIGATING EVERY THING THAT TEACHERS AN OTHERS REPORT. THE WOMEN CANT DO ANY THING AN ANY REAL DECIPLIN IS OUT OF THE QUESTION BECAUSE HUMAN SERVICES IS INVOLVED AN SEEM TO BLAME EVERY ONE IN THE KIDS LIFE BUT THE KID. TO BE HONEST I DONT THINK ANY DECLIPINE WILL REALLY REGISTER WITH THIS KID HE SEEMS TO HAVE NO SENSE OF RIGBHT OR WRONG. I REFUSE TO BE INTHE SAME ROOM ALONE WITH HIM AS THERE HAS BEEN SO MUCH DRAMA REGUARDING HIS BEHAVIOUR . I REALLY WISH THERE WAS SOME WERE SHE COULD TURN TO GET HIM HELP BEFORE HE IS ON THE NEWS FOR SHOOTING UP WHO KNOWS WHAT IN A FEW YEARS. IF I WAS HIS DAD AN HE LIVED HERE ID HONESTLY REMOVE MY GUNS FROM THE HOME. I PERSOANLY AM SCARED FOR HIS LITLE BROTHERS SAFETY. I HAVE SPOKEN TO HUMAN SERIVICES ( A 21 YEAR OLD LIBERAL DYKE) AN ITS LIKE TALKING TO A OUTHOUSE.

WE CAN SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FEEDING THOSE WHO CAN BUT WONT WORK GIVING THEM HOUSING AN EVERY THING ELSE BUT WHEN A KID HAS A CONDITION THERE IS LITTLE HELP UNLESS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT INSURANCE AN EVEN THEN ITS A STRUGGLE. IMO THE KID NEEDS TO BE IN A PLACE WERE REAL PROFESIONALS CAN MONITER HIM FOR A MONTH OR TWO. THEY WILL WAIT UNTILL HE KILLS SOME ONE OR HIMSELF THEN DO SOMETHING. HIS MOM IS AT HER WITS END. ALL HUMAN SERVICES AN THE SCHOOL WANT TO DO IS POINT FINGERS AN TRY TO BLAME OTHERS FOR HOW HE IS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So, How about somebody write up a petition opposite to this one, like a petition get rid of gun laws that serve no purpose(for which they were passed)???
    IM THINKING THE SAME THNG THATS WHY IM TRYING TO GET THE REAL NUMBERS OF WHAT GUNS ARE ACTUALY USED IN CRIMES AN WHAT THE REAL FACTS ARE.

PERSOANLY A 2 MILLION PEACEFULL MAN MARCH ON WASHINTON WOULD BE A BETTER PLAN.

IT NEEDS TO COME FROM THE PEOPLE AN NOT THE NRA. IT NEEDS TO BE SEEN AS REAL PEOPLE WANTING THIS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.