Gunco Forums banner

Feinstein and Semi-Auto Ban

4K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There is no allegedly about that. There is no secret as to what Feinstein has wanted to do with guns. All I have to say is my rights were given to me by a higher authority not a temporary politician.

#5 ·
as they once said in the old west--

" a law for you-uns and a law for we-uns!"

it will be just like the politicians to be exempt from any law they pass on us--hell the got thir own bank, their own wall-street perks we don't have--so this would just be par for the course.

i was thinking last night--all those billions the big "O" nut is wasting on jet flights , every a-wipe dept head has got his own jet and so on--

billions of our money wasted on posh shit for the politicians but they couldn't find the $$ to post a few armed police or military guards around schools??

what happened to those billions/trillions wasted on the dpt of Homeland security?

#22 ·
as they once said in the old west--

" a law for you-uns and a law for we-uns!"

it will be just like the politicians to be exempt from any law they pass on us--hell the got thir own bank, their own wall-street perks we don't have--so this would just be par for the course.

i was thinking last night--all those billions the big "O" nut is wasting on jet flights , every a-wipe dept head has got his own jet and so on--

billions of our money wasted on posh shit for the politicians but they couldn't find the $$ to post a few armed police or military guards around schools??

what happened to those billions/trillions wasted on the dpt of Homeland security?

Sounds about right.

Attachments

#7 ·
She was just on Meet the Press. She stated her bill will ban over 900 types of weapons. will be no grandfathering and there will be no retroactive. it is to be introduced the first day it can be. Bloomberg was on there as well and he dronex on and on about assault weapons. not once during the show was the percentages of rifles used in gun crimes mentioned.. NRA was down played as a force and no mention was the fact that the NRA is supported by the people. Feinstein's bill will take away existing weapons if passed.

#8 ·
Thought this was interesting..... No rise in mass killings, but their impact is huge - Yahoo! News

If the occurance of mass shootings has been fairly consistant over history, what has changed? The news, or the 24hr in your face show anything to get ratings even if it is in another country or across the nation. If it bleeds, it leads mentality.

#27 ·
#9 ·
Thought this was interesting..... No rise in mass killings, but their impact is huge - Yahoo! News

If the occurance of mass shootings has been fairly consistant over history, what has changed? The news, or the 24hr in your face show anything to get ratings even if it is in another country or across the nation. If it bleeds, it leads mentality.
WELL SAID IMO THE MEDIA INGRAINS THE SICK TO USE ACTIONS LIKE THIS AS THERE COURSE OF GETTING ATTENTION AN GETTING CONTROL.

ONE THING THE TEACHER REP SAID ON THE SHOW WAS THAT ALOT OF THE SCHOOLS MONEY FOR COUNSLEING AN MENTAL HEALTH FOR KIDS IS GONE OR CUT. IMO THIS IS WRONG.

I PERSONALY KNOW A WOMAN WHO HAS A VERY TROUBLED 6 YEAR OLS AN IF HE DOESENT GET HELP HE WILL BE COME A CRIMINAL. SHE HAS TRIED THE SCHOOLS WHO COMPLANT HERE ABOUT HERE JIDS ACTIONS THEY HAVE GROUP COUNSLEING. SHE HAS TIRED HUMAN SERIVECES AN SHE GETS INVESTIGATGED AS THE PROPLEM AN THY TRY TO FIND ABUSE MORE THAN HELP THIS POOR LITTLE BOY. SH HAS NO INSURANCE CURRENTLY AN IS BASICALY STUCK. THE HIGH PROFILE SHRINK/COUNSLER SHE AN HERE X SPENT $70000 ON WILL NOT RETURN CALL DUE TO HUMAN SERVICES GETTING INVOLVED AN MESSINGUP HERE SCHEDULE. i HONESTLY DNONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL THIS FRIEND. EVENTUALLY HE WILL GET KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL OR HURT SOME ONE LIKELY HIS LITTLE BROTHER OR CLASS MATE.

I LOOK AT HERE SITUATION AN THINK WOW WHAT DO YOU DO. THE KID WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY TYPE OF PUNISHMENT, THEROPY, PRAISE, REWARDS. WHAT DO YIOU DO?????????

BLOOMBURGE SAID TODAY PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN VIOLENT OR SMOEM THING LIKE THAT. I DISSAGREE THERE ARE A PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE BORN WITH DEFECTS .

I AM NOT FOR FREE EVERY THING BUT THERE NEEDS TO BE A BETTE RWY TO TREAT THE TRUELY MENTALY DISTURBED.

I LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF BEING SAID TO DAY ABOUT PRIAVAVCY LAWS STOPING THOSE WHO ARE DISTURBED FORM GETTING GUNS.

HOW FAR ARE WE FROM EVERY PERSON WHO EVER TALKED TO A DOCTOR ABOIUT BEING DEPRESSED OR HAVING ANXEISTY OR SEEING A MARRAIGE COUNSLER FOR HELP LOSING THERE RIGHTS????

ID BET MANY HERE HAVE TALEKD TO A DOCTOR OR COUNCLER AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVES??????????????????????

IM WORKING ON A PETITION TO IF NOTHING ELSE GIVE GUNOWNERS A VOICE OUT SIDE THE NRA. I NEED HELP FROM PEOPLE SMARTER THAN ME WHO HAVE SKILLS BOTH BUSSINESS AN LEGAL TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

HELL JUST SOME ONE TO DO SPELL CHECK FOR ME WOULD BE A START.

THE MENTALY ILL NEED HELP AN THERE NEEDS TO BE A BETTER SYSTEM IN PLACE IF THE MONEY SPENT TRYING TO TAKE GUNS AWAY AN US TRYING TO FIGHT THIS WERE SPENT TOWARD GETTING MORE PEOLE HELP CRIME THESE TYPOES OF SHOOTNG WOULD MAY BE REDUCED IF NOTHING ELSE PEOLE WOULD AT LEAS TGET SOME HELP AN THE MONEY WOULD ACTUALY BE USED FOR A REAL PURPOSE.

I KNOW TO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE TO AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP BECAUSE OF FEAR OF BEING SEEN AS WEAK, FEAR OF LOOSING RIGHTS, FEAR OF LOOSING THERE JOBS FEAR OF RIDICULE.

IT TAKES A STRONG MAN TO SAY NEEDS HELP. i KNOW A FEW HAVE ADMITTED THERE PROPLEMS ONE WAS DIAGNOSED AS BIPOLAR AN SAYS IF IT WERE NOT FOR HIS MEDS HE WPOULD HAVE KILED HIMSELF. HE TELLS HAOW WHEN HE WAS IN HIS 20'S HE WAS AFRAID HIS FRIENDS WOULD MAKE FUN OF HIM. HE SAID HE ALMOST PULLED THE TRIGGER AT LEAS T 10 TIMES ON HIM SELF . HES NOW THE GREATEST GUY YOU COULD MEET. SOME TIMES THERE IS REAL HELP.

#12 ·
Let the frenzy grow
My comments in red

Lieberman, Democrats want ban on assault weapons
By ANNE FLAHERTY, AP
2 hours ago

WASHINGTON — Democratic lawmakers and independent Sen. Joe Lieberman said Sunday that military-style assault weapons should be banned They already are, we can't buy assault weapons and that a national commission should be established to examine mass shootings in the United States.

The proposals were among the first to come from Congress in the wake of Friday's school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"Assault weapons were developed for the U.S. military, not commercial gun manufacturers," Lieberman said before a vigil Sunday night in Newtown.
And as mentioned, we can't buy assault weapons, they are not telling the truth for this agenda

"This is a moment to start a very serious national conversation about violence in our society, particularly about these acts of mass violence," said the Connecticut senator, who is retiring next month.

Gun rights activists remained largely quiet on the issue, all but one declining to appear on the Sunday talk shows. Meanwhile, Democrats vowed action and said it was time to hear from voters — not gun lobbyists — on how to prevent the next shooting.

The time for "saying that we can't talk about the policy implications of tragedies like this is over," said Rep. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., who won a Senate seat in the November elections.

Speaking Sunday night at a vigil in Newtown, President Barack Obama did not specifically address gun control. But he vowed, "In the coming weeks I'll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens, from law enforcement to mental health professionals to parents and educators in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this."

He added: "Are we really prepared to say that we're powerless in the face of such carnage, that the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?"
In other words, take away the rights of most because no one wants to do anything about the criminals

#14 ·
Yeah Coils pump the brakes a little brother. You are making too much sense for Washington D.C. folk. You know them, they aren't going to let a little thing like sense screw up their decision making.

#15 ·
we are NOT POWERLESS!

the schools can be secured and it won't even cost all that much!

just a few common seance things would go a long, long way.

this is typical though --ban an inanimate object , the mental problems, society problems go un checked. the root cause of the disaster is still around and it won't be long before some nut finds a new way to commit these types of crimes.

we have got to find out WHY there are 20 year olds who want to commit mass murder , find the defect and come up with come kind of solution.

who was it who said "were not asking the right questions." ???

this is a global problem it is happening all over the modern world. the EU, the ME , north america, south america, aisa, --stick you finger on a map and there has been some kind of mass murder BS just like this.

the government likes to paper over problems in effect that is what a ban is. we all know from the past bans that there is very little impact if any on crime.

people commit crime. people commit murder, people commit acts of terror. it is a PEOPLE problem.

#16 ·
They won't be content until they've created a nation of felons unwilling to submit to their latest ban.

Go ahead. Banning is one thing. Taking them will be another.

#17 ·
Connecticut HAS an AW ban. It's #5 on the Brady "good states" list.

Can anyone tell me what positive effects resulted from the LAST Federal AW Ban?
Beuhler? Beuhler?

Right, it was totally ineffective, other than allowing some price gougers to benefit from selling mags for ten times their worth.

#18 ·
Gun rights activists remained largely quiet on the issue, all but one declining to appear on the Sunday talk shows. Meanwhile, Democrats vowed action and said it was time to hear from voters — not gun lobbyists — on how to prevent the next shooting.

Perhaps there waiting for all the facts to be released correctly an not repeatadly changes every hour by the media who cant seem to get them out there correctly. instead of jumping to conclusions. Pehaps there is no need to go on a tv show with a bunch of idiots who can thell the differance froma full auto an a semi auto , who wont adress clear questions whne there is facts an true numbers presented. wo wont answer a straight question if there life depended on it. a tv show is no the place for discussions abut matter like this. TV shows are desigend to make money an sell commercials.

#23 ·
Feinstein, Schumer, and the rest of those gun grabbing democrusts the Clintons included, are the worst for this country but the only ones that see it is us!. I find these kind of people very desturbing they alll talk about change and whatnot, The only changes they want is what suits thier adjunda. On e of the major problems is the stupid electorial vote. Where I come from as most will agree the majorityor popular of any vote wins. If one looks at things in real time how can every single solitary vote be counted in a mattter of a few hours it can't!! In my humble opinion our elections are just as rigged as the countries with ruthless and terrioristic dictators. This country no longer operates on the principals and ideas that this country was orgionally founded upon. Take taxes for example, I do beleive its the US Constitution that states no taxation without representation!!. Yes we are represented but really have no say they will raise taxes one way or the other! Just to further thier own special projects, for they have robbed the money from Programs like Social Security and what not. We have a massive immigration problem, and what dose the presedent do ? Oh you can stay even though you broke the law to get and remain here in this country, we will create a special program just for you for you to stay here evenm though you broke the law.!!!

Granted no country is perfect but the most will agree that we are far from it. We five money to every country in the world and for what to drive up our taxes and never to be repaid or when we have a disaster very few countries return the favor.We are not the worlds bank or Police agency. Other Countries want our support in military conflicts that they cant win on thier own, and in return our prices rise and our Brothers, Fathers Mothers, & Sisters and friends get maimed for life and or killed in action! all because the powers that be Want to look good in the eyes of the World. Personally I say B*** S***!!! enough is enough. Granted the job of a politican is hard enough, But when its all one sided its time for the people to stand up and take back the proud country we once were. They say the Roads to hell are paved with good intensions, well gang were already here!. I remember when I was in schoo we had to do a report on local political leaders, I grew up in a midsize city in upstate Ny and I chose the mayor of the city, My step dad worked for the city and was around these public figures every day, no he wasnt a politican he was just a city sanitation worker assigned to city hall and the surrounding areas to make it nice and sparkley for the public. Anyway I started my report on how cool this mayor was and that he was for the people of the city and what not, My step dad looked at my report and said ### Do youreally want the truth? I said sure Dad said good lets start from scratch and her threw my report away. dad spoke and I listened and wrote my litttle fingers to the bone. On how this mayor was corrupt and he did what ever he did to line his pockets with more money. Well My paper got an F- I was upset to the point of yelling at my step dad. he said its ok # its ok everyone will see soon enough now when I brought a F home it usaly ment an ass whoopin but not this time. With in 7 months the mayor was was under federal invetigation for bribery and what not and went to prison! My dad went to school adn actually got my grade changed to an A. the Point Im tring to prove is that we have many power hungry politicans and very few good ones and the bad outway the good. there is a site I had found that had all the washington politicans and thier records of misconduct, ethics violations etc. How it works for us in the real world if we mess up on our jobs, we get fired!!! end of story. It now time to stand up and start going thur these peoples history
while in office and if they have done wrong its time for them, to go and thier Political carrer stops there and let them go flip burgers in burger king! I would like to see the US Goverment boycotted for thier ineffective action to the american people, and then see what happens and how they change thier tune! Yes its tiime for a change, and it time for the people to do it. we cant walk doen the street with out fear of being mugged , murdered, raped or worse. the only thing politicans are good at is blowing smoke and raising thier pay while the rest suffer. Its time for a Change and the majority of the current office holders are not it! itds time for the people to take action, and we can do it calmly and with out being violent as the powers at be would think we would be. ther changes that have to be made for the better of our country are so simple I'll bet anyone here could do it!! SDtarting with stopping all forgin aid, stop helping terroists only for them to come back and bite the hands that fewd them in the first place. If other countries want our Military help they have to pay for it, plain and simple we are not here to be taken advantage of anymore by anyone.All in Favor?.....Doc

#24 ·
hell i was just listening to the ****** jerlodo reviara whatever his real name is on the radio.

him and his gay liberal school teacher guest had so many facts that were totally fiction it sort of blew my mind--

but the sheep believe what he says i guess--i guess because it makes them feel good--

#26 ·
hell i was just listening to the ****** jerlodo reviara whatever his real name is on the radio.

him and his gay liberal school teacher guest had so many facts that were totally fiction it sort of blew my mind--

but the sheep believe what he says i guess--i guess because it makes them feel good--
AN YET HE WANTS AMISTY FOR ALL HIS WET BACK FRIENDS WHO KILL 3-10 AMERICANS A DAY INTHIS COUNTRY AN RAPE UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF WOMEN.

#29 ·
AN YET HE WANTS AMISTY FOR ALL HIS WET BACK FRIENDS WHO KILL 3-10 AMERICANS A DAY INTHIS COUNTRY AN RAPE UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF WOMEN.
Yeah Jerry Rivers is such a piece of sh*t!!! You're spot on with amnesty. Illegals take away American jobs, add to prison over crowding, tax our resources, murder and rape our citizens, rob our stores, break into our homes, wreck our cars with no insurance to cover it, drink and drive and run over people, and GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! Jerry Rivers wants amnesty for them, and to take our guns away from us. What's wrong with this picture?!?!?!

#33 ·
can you say the word Royal proclamation or dictatorial edict, this will be the outcome
two well known posters here both stated several weeks before the shooting this will never happen, first i thought it was to make me look like a fool till I figured out where they were coming from

hope they are right and I am wrong but lets look at his highness's record he doesn't follow the rules
Joe biden in charge of setup policy gee what policy is he famous for, if you know the answer do you think he is going water it down?????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.