Thread: body armor ?

Feedback Score

Default body armor ?

I have an opportunity to acquire a ceramic plate that is rated 7.62 m-80 ball. Wh.at dose that mean? There is a lot of conflicting info on the net. Also how do I know if it is single curve or multiple? Any info is appreciated.

Feedback Score

The Ceramic plates are what we use in the Military. They can take multiple hits as long as they aren't in the same place. The curvature is preference and comfort.

I have AR 500 steel plates which can take a hell of a lot more hits without penetration but the rounds fragment upon impact which creates a hazard so some craftsmanship is required to mitigate that.

The rating is pretty much saying it can take a hit up to .308. Which most military SAPI plates are rated up to which definitely serves a purpose when facing a force which carries AKs. I would jump all over the opportunity if it were at the right price.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

They were free so the price was right. They are heavier than Inthought, but I would sill carry them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it ain't a good idea to have 7.62s bouncing off your chest. don't try this at home! LOL

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebel93 View Post
    They were free so the price was right. They are heavier than Inthought, but I would sill carry them.

Did these come from a mil. base?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

No. No base involved. I have a friend who use to sell them. I do love a freebie.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.