Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a Mitsubishi engine expert!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default kernel..

Just take mine. You can have all the damn parts.. I want the toilet though...
    Or I am donating it too the Sheriffs Youth Ranch..
    Hook a chain on it and drag it home.. Police stop yah.. Just tell them you were wondering why that guy was following you so close..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Hows the compression? Can you check to see if it is in time? How is the ignition system Plugs wires coil etc?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Step 1,,2,,3,, spark, compression, fuel,, if computer controlled ,,#4 scanning, those are the steps that apply to any basic trouble shooting procedure on any motor,,, computer controlled or not. You still need to start with the basics which ever the case. Occasionally a plugged converter will screw things up, head gasket could be the problem, plugged fuel pick up, after that it's pretty much a quick prayer for the 400K mile old beast, and a give her a humaine 45 between the sealed beams,,,,,!!!!!

Keep it simple with the basic steps and that's the ONLY right way to do it,,period. On electronic controlled cars there can be any combination of things wrong that will require a scanner, take it from someone who's been a machanic for >45 years. That's how it's done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well, my thinking is if it idles fine ya got spark, compression, and fuel otherwise ya wouldn't have the engine running. Something is going away when the throttle is opened, could be the timing or a sensor is keeping the PCM from doing things right. No cat so no exhaust restrictions. It just about has to be a bad MAF or timing has jumped. He should be by tomorrow with a fresh load of Caddy parts so I will see what he wants to do. My recommendation is he take it home on a tow dolly and let his Mitsu mechanic down there at it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.