Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: arming teachers?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default arming teachers?

you know very little thought is being put into how to prevent school children from being easy targets for evil and deranged people with terrorist acts in mind.

now a couple of armed men could well have prevented the current disaster provided they had been on site.

i would like to station a squad of USMC grunts or army rangers at every school but this would be expensive and they have other duty to attend to.

school teachers at least most of them are hardly candidates for military type duty --but there are a few with the moxy that could be called on.

maybe the national guard could train special screened teacher applicants for school student protection?

no i ain't saying give that old lard ass math teacher a m-16 and turn him loose--

just special fully screened applicants that are the right age, with the right mental aptitude and can complete the training --which will be extensive.

teachers could sort of have their own defense squad armed and with communication gear --

these teachers would get special pay bonuses and would have extra status --they would not be under control of the school but the national guard.

so they can't be fired or laid off at the whim of the superintendent and would be outside the schools internal political machine.

it would have to be this way or the school would just hoard or steal the funds ---

the IDF did this years ago although their probably under their army.

what has russia done in this regard? they had some far bigger terrorist attacks against their schools--what actions did they take?

even with a couple of TOE teacher/guards there will still be some exposure --at least we would be addressing the most glaring holes and exposures.

if each school had a small squad of trained and dedicated teachers with about four of them ready at all times--- i don't think these wac-jobs could get very far--

and as far as i can tell the wack-jobs are looking for easy undefended targets --that don't shoot back.

acouple of tough combat type courses by the national guard--heavy on weapons and accuracy. train them to shoot for the head--sort of like the air marshals---

anybody else think this could work?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

My daughter, a teacher, sent me this. She thinks there should be some armed teachers. Although NOT all. She says some of them are really nuts. They could conceal carry. I think it would make a difference.

[IMG][/IMG]
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm always more polite to people I meet when I'm carrying.
    Nothing wrong with trained teachers carrying guns.We shouldent need a permit to conceal carry thou.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Obviously a terrorist does not care if anything is prohibited on campus. However, the likelyhood that his brains might get blown out may effect one's choice to start trouble on a school site!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM NOT SURE WHAT TO THINK . MANY OF MY TEACHERS WERE POWER HUNGRY IDIOTS.

ID ALL MOST BE AS WORRIED ABOUT THEM GOING POSTAL.

I SUSPOSE IF THEY WERE TRAINED ID BE OK WITH IT BUT IT WOULD NEED TO BE REAL TRAINING WITH A TEST OF SKILLS AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGE. I REALIZE THIS FLIES IN THE FACE OF CONMCILED CARRY RIGHTS AN MAYBE THIS WOULD DENY A TEACHER TO CARRY CONCILED LEGALY AT SCHOOL IN THE FUTURE. IM PRETTY SURE SHOOLS FORBID CARRY CONCIEAL. MAYBE IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

IF A SHOOTER DOSENT KNOW IF THE TEACHERS HAVE GUNS OR NOT HE MAY THINK TWICE. UNFORTUNATLYHE WILL JUST FIND A NEW SOFT TARGET, THE PARK, ZOO, MALL. DAYCARE SPORTING EVENT ETC. HONESTLY I DONT FEEL WE CAN REALLY PREDICT OR BE PREPARED FOR A PERSON WHO IS MENTALY ILL. FOR EVERY MEAUSRE WE TAKE THERE WILL BE A 1000 OTHER EASY TARGETS.

I SAT IN A RESTURANT AS WELL AS CHRISTMAS SHOPED YESTERDAY AN THOUGHT WHAT IF A GUY STARTED SHOOTING NOW??????? I DONT CONCIEL CARRY YET. I WILL BE APPLYING TOMORROW. IF YOUR STATE ALLOWS IT YOU NEED TO AT LEAS TGET YOUR PERMIT AN ADD TOT HE NUMBERS IT SENDS A MESSAGE THAT AMERICANS WANT THIS RIGHT.

AT THE RESTURANT/BAR THERE WAS ONE ENTRNACE AN A ADDITIONAL EXIT DOOR OUT. HAD A GUY WALKED IN SHOOTING THE EXIT ONTHE OTHER END OF THE BUILDING . YOU CANT GET ACROSS THE ROOM T USE THE BATH ROOM IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES ON A SATURDAY NIGHT SO ABOUT 70% OR MORE WOULD NEVER REACH THE EXIT. IT WOULD TAKE SOME ONE ELSE SHOOTING BACK OR TACKELING HIM TO STOP A NUT JOB.

MAYBE SCHOOLS NEED BETTER FAST MASS EXIT PLANS WITH DOORS LOCKING BEHIND THEM. MANY SCHOOLS WITH THAT ARE MULTIPUL STORY HAVE ONLY ONE WAY OUT OF A CLASS ROOM ANTHAT THE DOOR A SHOOTERS COMING IN. THERE ARE NO REAL ANSWERS BUT IN MY MIND A LINE OF KIDS HOLDING HANDS AN WALIKG OUT OF A SITUATION IS A EASY TARGET AN SHOULD BE DISCURAGED.

ITS TOO BAD THE PRINCIAPAL WHO SUSPOEDLY LUNGED AT THE SHOOTER DID NIOT HAVE A FIRE ARM. IM AFRAID IT MIGHT OPEN A WHOLE NEW CAN OF WORMS.

HAVING A SECURITY PERSON OR TWO IN ASCHOOL IS NOT A BAD IDEA ESPECIALY IF THERE ALOS DOING OTHER SCHOOL STUFF. MY GYM COACH WAS A AVID HUNTER AN GUN OWNER. IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF MONEY AN TIME TO SET IT UP. SOME SCHOOLS ARE REALLY WITH LESS THAN 100 KIDS PAYING A GUARD FULL TIME IS GOIG TO BE EXPENSIVE AN THE TRUTH IS SCHOOL SHOOTING ARE RELITAVLY RARE. THE MEDIA MAKES THEM NOTABLE. YES THEIS LAST SHOOTING IS VERY NOTABLE AN TRADJIC BU THE MEDIA IS BRINGING SORROW AN SADNESS TO THE ENTIRE WORLD AN IT SOLVES NOTHING OTHER THAN TO INSTILL IDEAS IN THE METNAL ILL'S HEAD AS HOW TO GET ATTENTION.

MY GUT AN BRAIN TELL ME THERE IS NO REAL GOOD DEFENST AGAINST A MENTALLY ILL OR SUIDCIDAL NUT JOB OTHER THAN THE POSSABLITLY OF HELPING THEM OR MAKING SURE THEY CANT HURT OTHERS. ARE WE GOING TO ARM SCHOOL BUSSES,PARKS, DAYCARES, RESTURANTS , ETC????

I LIKE CONCILED CARRY AS LONG AS THOSE WHO HAVE IT DONT FUCK UP. IT MAKES EVERY ONE IN A CRIMINALS MIND A POSSABLE PERSON TO FIGHT BACK HE DOSENT KNOW WHO OR WHO DOSENT HAVE A GUN. IT ALSO ALLOWS US WHO WANT TO CARRY SOME PROTECTION AN ALLOWS THE POSSABILITY TO STOP A MAD MAN. I RELIZE BY THE TIME JOE BLOW REACFTS AN ACTUALY DECIDES TO SHOOT BACK THE CRIME HAS LIKELY BEEN COMMITES AN ALSO THE JOE BLOW MIGHT ALSO BE SHOT .

UNLESS EVERY GUN INTHE UNITED STATES IS REMOVED THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOME AMOUNT OF CRIME. THIS COUNTRY WILL NEVER GIVE UP ALL GUNS SO WE HAVE TO TAKE A DIFFERANT PATH.

IMO WE NEED TO BE HARDER ON CRIME WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THOSE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE A GUN DONT IT NEED TO BE BALANCED WITH COMMON SENCE. SEEING A DOCTOR FOR DEPRESSION OR ANXITY OR MARITAL PROBLEM SHOULD NOT COST YOU YOUR RIGHTS. YET IF A PERSON COMMITEDS A CRIME AN IT IS DETERMINED HE IS MENTALY UNSTABLE HE NEEDS TO HAVE HIS GUNS TAKEN AWAY AN PEOPLE AROUND HIM NEED TO MAKE SURE HE CANT ACESS THEM.

HOW MANY GUYS HERE HAVESAID ASTUPID THING TALKING TOUGH THAT COULD BEE SEEN AS SCARY TO A AVERAGE PERSON????????? MY ADVICE IS LOOSE THE MACHO FROM MY COLD EAD HANDS CRAP FOR THE BAR. EVEYONE IS WATCHING.

THIS SHOOTER WILL HAVE EVERY ASPECT OF HIS LFE EXAMINED THERE ALREADY CHECKING EVERY RANGE INTHE ARE TO SEE IF HE OR HIS MOM EVER SHOT THERE. HIS COMPUTER WILL DISECTED AN ECVERY SITE HE VISITED WILL BE SEEN . EVERYHTING THIS GUY EVER POSTED WILL BE READ. FOR ALL WE KNOW HE MIGHT BE A MEABER HERE WHO KNOWS??????????????????????????????

GUN OWNERS NEED TO POLICE THEM SELVES AN TELL IDIOTS HEY DUMB ASS STOP ACTING LIKE A IDIOT. ALL THIS ZOMBI RAMBO MALL NINJA SHIT IS STUPID. IF YOU WANT THAT STUFF GREAT BYUT WE DONT NEED A VIDEO OF YOU ACTING LIKE A VIDEO GAME PLAYER ONTHE NET. IF YOUR BUILDING OR BUYING A GUN AN THINKING YOUR ACTUALY GING TO SHOOT IT A REAL PERSON SOME DAY YOU REALLY NEED TO ADRESS YOUR SITUATION A CIRCUMSTANCES. I READ HERE ABOIUT THE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CLEAR A ROOM OR SOME STUPID CRAP. IF YOUR NOT A SOLDIER OR POLICE OFFICER OR IN SECURITY OR SOME PERFESSION DO YOU REALLY NEED ALL THAT CRAP WLL YOU REALLY TRAIN TO BE ABLE TO DO IT????????????????? IM ALL FOR YOUR RIGHTS TO HAVE SBR SUPPRESSED ZOMBIE KILLER BUT I DO QUESTION WHY SOME GIYS THINK THEY NEED THEM?????????? IF YOUR BUYING IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT AN ITS COOL GREAT BUT IF YOU REALLY SEE YOUR SELF NEEDING IT TO PROTECT YOUR SELF OR WORSE ATTACK SOME ONE GET HELP. YES TO US GUNS ARE COOL BUT MAYBE SOME GUYS NEED TO REALLY THINK BEORE THEY GO ALL RAMBO AT THE RANGE. I SAW GUY IN HIS 20,S THE OTHER DAY WITH A AR THAT WAS DECKED OUT WITH ALL KINDS OF CRAP ALL HE AN HIS GETTO LOOKING BUDDYS DID WAS DO MAG DUMPS AN TRY TO ACT COOL. TO BE HONEST IT SCARFED THE SHIT OUT OF ME THAT HESE IDIOTS WHO I SEE IN THE BARS ALL THEM AN LOOK MESSED UP ON DRUGS HAVING THIS GUN IN THE REAL WORLD. .

GUN OWNERS NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THERE ACTIONS AN HOW THERE PERCIVED. IMO.

IM ALLOVER THE PLACE ON THIS AN BNOT SURE WHAT MY BEST MOVE IS RFEGUARDING MY GUNS AN ALSO MY UNBUILT KITS.

ILL BE DOING A BUNCH OF BUILDS FAST IN THE NET FEEW WEEKS. THEY WILL BE SCREW BUILDS AN CAN BE NON GUNS IF THEY DECIDE THEY WANT THE RECIVERS THT ARE REGISTERED.

ID EXPECT NEW LWAS WILL BE LOOKING AT THE PARTS WE OWN AS WELL.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well that is where the training and screening will kick in.

--many of my teachers back in the day couldn't find their ass with both hands --and obviously they would NOT be packing--and would be out of the program.

i am saying--lets get some young teachers who are physically and mentally fit --sent them to a military run training course , weed out those who can't cut the mustard.

keep them sharp--and have them open carry a full auto m-4 with about three mags.

a few could also conceal carry-- just too keep any idiot thinking of an attack guessing --

have a light squad with a small number handy at all times --

they have to be trained well--the qualifications will require them to make head shots with the m4s at practical ranges--

they would be trained to eliminate the shooters quickly.

they would be more like soldiers or marines than cops as they would be strictly STK.

their training would be strictly defend the kids at all costs--and take the terrorist down as quickly as possible BEFORE he can kill students.

here is an old link to an IDF encounter--

Terrorists Target Israeli Students - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

i would much rather have a headline that reads "suspected school shooter shot dead" than the kind of shit we have been seeing--

i am thinking "open carry" for most teachers in the program--hell i want EVERYBODY to see the place is defended and the people are TO&E--

though a few CCW's on the school would also have to go through the same course and pass screening -- school teachers in general don't need to wondering around the school armed if the not part of the program--they may well get shot by the TOE teachers mistakenly--

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My daughter, a teacher, sent me this. She thinks there should be some armed teachers. Although NOT all. She says some of them are really nuts. They could conceal carry. I think it would make a difference.
    I AGREE THE ISSUE IS WHAT TEACHERS GET TO CARRY?????

MAYBE ITS BETTER TO JUST LET THEM DECIDE IF CONCILED CARRY IS FOR THEM AN TREAT IT AS ITS NO BIG DEAL AN BE PART OF EVERY DAY LIFE.

I ALSO THINK MAYBE TEACHERS WHO DO CARRY IF ALLOWED COULD USE SOME GOOD TRAINNG SPECIFIC TO DEFENSE AGAINST A SCHOOL SHOOTING TO MAKE THEM BETTER AN SAFER. IT CANT HURT TO BE TRAINED.

i THINK ALL THEACHERS NEED A PLAN AN STANDING IN FRONT OF PILE OF KIDS IS NOT IT. IM SURE THERE IS GOING TO BE A WHOLE NEW SET OF TRAINIG FOR MAY SCHOOLS AFTER THIS.

We shouldent need a permit to conceal carry thou.

IM NOT AGAINST HAVING TO SHOW SOME SORT OF TRAINING OR AT LEAST TAKE A WRITTEN TEST FOR CONCILED CARRY. ( YEA I KNOW WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS )

I REALLY CANT SEE IT BEING A ISSUE UNLESS SOMEDAY THAT LIST IS USED AGAINST YOU. IMO AFTER YOU APPLY YOUR NAME NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE SYSTEM.

HOW CAN HAVING SOME ONE TAKING A DAY OR A FEW HOURS TO LEARN THE LAWS AN POSSBLY KNOW HOW TO ACTUALY SHOOT BE A BAD THING??????????????????? WE ALREAD HAVE A WAITNG PERIOD USE THAT TIME TO TAKE A CLASS OR AT LEAST TAKE A WRITTEN TEST. AT LEAST MAKE THE PERSON TAKE A QUICK TEST ON THE LAWS SO THEY DONT GET THEM SELVES ARESSTED BY ACIDENT.

IM APPLYING FOR MY CONCILED CARRY TOMORROW. ILL BE DAMM SURE I KNOW THE LAWS REGUARDING MY CARRY BEFORE EVER STEPPING INTO PUPLIC ARMD. I DHAT TO MAKE A MISTAKE AN LOOSE ALL MY GUNS. NOBODY WILL KNOW I CARRY IF AN WHEN I DO.

MY FIRST QUESTION IS DO LEOS KNOW IM CARRING DURING A TRAFIC STOP OR IF IM ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING AN HAVE TO GIVE MY NAME???. ID BE A FOOL TO THINK I READY TO CARRY WITH OUT LEARINGHTE LAWS ON IT. HAVING TO PROVE I KNOW THEM SHULD NOT BE A REAL ISSUE

I ASK YOU TO REALLY THINK OF EVERY ONE YOU KNOW WHO CAN PASS A BACK GROUND CHECK AN ASK DO YOU REALLY THINK THERE RESPONSIABLE AN SKILLED ENOUGH TO CARRY A FIRE ARM WITH NO INFO OR REVIEW????? I KNOW A BUNCH OF GUYS WHO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME AS IS.

I DONT THINK A PERMIT SHOULD COST ANYTING OR IF IT DOES IT SHOULD BE JUST ENOUGH TO COVER THE ADMINISTRATION COST TO ISSUE IT AN CHECK TO SEE WHO IS APPLYING. I FEEL THAT IF YOUR ARE ABLE LEGALY OWN A FIRE ARM AN CAN AT LEAST AKNOWLDEDGE AN PROVE YOU UNDER THE RULES SHOULDHAVE THAT RIGHT.

THE HALF RETARDED CHICK AT THE BAR WHO IS NUTS AN THINKS THERE ARE CHOSTS AFTER HERE BUT IS OTHER WISE HARMLESS AN ONLY GET AWAY WITH HERE CRAP BECAUSE SHE IS HOT AN EVEY ONE WANTS TO BONE HER. SHE NEED TO REALLY PROVE TO ME SHE NEEDS A GUN AN ID LKKE TO KNOW IF SHE HAS EVER HAD EVALUATION OR DIAGNOSES. WE HAVE FACE TO FACE SALES HERE STILL SO ANY DUMB ASS CAN SELL HER A WEAPON .

ASIDE FROM THE FEAR OF A LIST BEING USED AGAINST ME IM NOT THAT MUCH AGAINST A BASIC BACK GROUND CHECK. IT NEEDS TO BE FREE AN NOT A WAY FOR A DEALER TO STICK IT IN YOUR ASS.

I WAS IN CALIFORNA A FEW WEEKS AGO EVERY FFL I SPOKE TO WANTED $100 PLUS TO TRANFER A 100% RECIVER TO A BUDDY IF I WANTED TO SEND HIM ONE. ITS ALMOST CRIMINAL AN IT HURTS GUN OWNERS. IF I HAD A FFL AN A STORE FRONT IT WOULD BE $15 DOLLARS FOR A TRANSFER AN FREE IF YOU BOUGHT $50 WORTH OF STUFF. I FIGURE $15 FOR 10 MINUTES OR LESS OF WORK AN GETTING A GUY IN MY STORE WOULD BE WORTH IT. ID BE THE GUY TO GOT TO FOR GUN STUFF.
    REALL NUTS OUT HERE SOME MEXICAN WAS B TRYING TO BUY A AR15 WITH A BULLET BUTTON AN NO CRIP TO PROTECT HIMSELF FROMTHE END OF THE WORLD NEXT WEEK AN HAD NO CLUE WAT A 223 WAS VS A 2 GUAGE AN HIS ONLY QIESTIOS WAS WHAT ONE AHD MORE POWER. THAT CRAP SACRES ME I WANT TO KNOW IF HES SANE AN LEGAL IN THIS COUNTRY AN THAT HE WONT ACCICENTALY KILL ME AT THE RANGE TRYING TO LOAD IT. HE HONESTLY ASKED IF HE CULD SHOOT 223 AN 12 GAUGE BOTH IN IT. I WAS FREAKED MY 12 YEAR OLD WAS ASKING WTF???????????

IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH ME IS OK. I KNOW SOME GUYS DONT WANT THERE NAME ASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING AN I ALSO RESPECT THAT AN CONCEDE THEY MAY BE RIGHT. IM SURE WERE ALL ON ALIST OF GUN OWNERS HERE ANY WAY SOME WERE.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Most of the teachers I know are the most liberal of the Libtards. The people in charge of the education system are typically super liberals.

I suggest we train the out of work vets to be teachers and allow them to protect the children.

The problem can be fixed, but it's gonna take someone with some balls.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Most of the teachers I know are the most liberal of the Libtards. The people in charge of the education system are typically super liberals.

I suggest we train the out of work vets to be teachers and allow them to protect the children.

The problem can be fixed, but it's gonna take someone with some balls.

exactly-- and that is why the school system itself can not be in charge of "safety and security" --the security issues should be worked by an outside department with some help from the armed forces--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.