Gunco Forums banner

are we ever going to be safe enough?

593 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
in light of this horrific incident , i keep hearing we got to make the world SAFE?

what does that mean safe? does it mean that everything that can hurt us has been taken away?

so where do we start? so lets get rid of all legal firearms-

-of course there is no way to regulate the ILLEGAL arms in the hands of felons--

how safe do you feel now?

you know medical mistakes kill upwards of 100K a year--so lets just ban the practice of medicine?

how safe do you feel now--???

automobiles kill thousands and thousands every year--so lets just get rid of them.

now how safe do you feel?

that power in that wall socket --it can be dangerous!

you see where this is going--

if the safety nuts get in control and believe me that is what they want--CONTROL --they will turn the USA into a mirror image of the UK.

they have safety and security in the UK--at the very top. everybody else is pretty much on their own and the criminals have more rights than the citizens--

the UK even allows sheira courts to be established --thumbing their noses at the government ---

i miss the OLD USA-- the home of the Free and the Brave!

i do not recall everybody sitting around --wanting more safety and trying to red tape their way to some kind of safety utopia!

freedom requires some risk and some bravery. is there none left in the USA?

See less See more
#2 ·
-of course there is no way to regulate the ILLEGAL arms in the hands of felons--
Wasn't it Australia that made all firearms illegal a little while ago? Well whichever county that was, gun crimes went up well over 300%

How safe does that make you feel?

#3 ·
LOL! how safe is an unarmed populace in the face of armed goons?

buy yea it was OZ that banned about everything in reaction to a mass murder.

i think many in australia are regretting that decision.

it is very difficult to overturn a law on the books there--just like it is here.

reactionary laws don't even address the real issues they are just political feel good--pat your congressman on the back Page Ranking things.

hell when i went to high school we had 30-30 lever guns in out PU-trucks along with pump shotguns and semi .22 rimfires--there was never a thought to go shoot your schoolmates --

nobody is asking "what was there then that is missing form the youth of today?"
-why are there so many young men wanting to commit a mass homicide?
the old saying "what is wrong with this picture?"

if you get rid of armaments you still going to have a world full of murderous youths and who knows when they will go aps shit?

how is that safer?

it is a complicated problem with deep roots --ain't no sweep of a ink-pen going to solve the issue no matter what the politicians say.

#6 ·
Seems we need more psycho control, not more gun control.
Too many people with serious mental issues are not getting the help or confinement they need. These recent high profile incidents- Tuscon, Colorado, CT were all people that were under medical supervision. It seems that the mental health profession is too limited or often hamstrung by corp. cost measures or gov. regulations to be as effective as they need to protect public safety in all circumstances. I really don't see any simple fixes until mental health services are more universally available to everyone that needs them.

#8 ·
Safety is an individual matter, subject to revocation at any time. No government, no group, no individual is ever more than a second away from death. That's a simple fact of life. Either deal with it and live life to the fullest, or cower in a locked room with the rest of the liberals.

#10 ·
We need to take a buttload of money away from the Welfare crowd, and use it to get insane people off the street. If momma had institutionalized little autistic, multiple personality Johnny, then this crap wouldn't happen.

You can't legislate safety or intelligence. People are unfortunately pretty freaking dumb, and we need to let them take themselves out of the gene pool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.