Thread: American Guns canceled by Discovery channel

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default American Guns canceled by Discovery channel

Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score

Well that makes sense. Obviously a show about a family building and selling guns causes mass shootings. Just like the show COPS makes people go commit crimes and the show UFO Hunters causes mass alien invasions. It makes perfect sense. Way to go America. We can all sleep better and significantly safer at night because this show is off the air.

F*ckin Idiots. There are far worse shows out there that do real damage to young peoples' minds... Just look at Jersey Shore.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HEY MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE A NEW SHOW WERE TRHEY GO AN CHASE MORE THINGS THAT DONT EXIST.

ID LIKE TO SEE A SHOW WERE THEY TRACK DOWN ILLEAGLES AN HAVE THEM DEPORTED IT COULD RUN 24-7 FOR 20 YEARS.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I love this comment:

Timothy McVeigh killed 19 children under the age of 6, but you can still buy fertilizer and diesel fuel. Oh, and you can also rent box trucks.
    Guns are not the problem, mentally unstable people with guns, however is
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Default Ban violent video games, not firearms

Instead of all this hype about banning firearms and prohibit the true sportsman from enjoying this pastime, why don't we get down to the root of the problem plaguing today's children. BAN the violent video games that take our children out of reality. What good can ever come from a game called "Grand Theft Auto"?? This game only shows the kids what wrong they can do, rather than showing them the good in this world. Children are way too impressionable and need guidance, not violence........

Just my 2¢
    Johnny V
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V View Post
    Instead of all this hype about banning firearms and prohibit the true sportsman from enjoying this pastime, why don't we get down to the root of the problem plaguing today's children. BAN the violent video games that take our children out of reality. What good can ever come from a game called "Grand Theft Auto"?? This game only shows the kids what wrong they can do, rather than showing them the good in this world. Children are way too impressionable and need guidance, not violence........

Just my 2¢
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    There's just something about the wood look. I love the look of well polished wood.

Feedback Score

to be perfectly honest i could care less for this show. don't like the way it got canned, but in all honesty if this hadn't happened and they canned it i'd shed no tears. i found the show to be annoying at best, stuck up gun snobs who on air liked to show how they bought the guns off people sooooooooooo low and made such a big profit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I dang sure am a fan of the daughter, and mom aint bad either. Of course Dad's pimping them out for ratings. I'd rather watch AG than a lot of other crappy programming, but still, on it's own merit it sucks.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Was not a fan of that show anyway and screw the Discovery Channel!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Add Son Of Guns and Uncle Ted to the list.
    Add Discovery Channel to my Boycott list.

» Discovery Channel To Cancel Two More Gun Shows Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Discovery Channel To Cancel Two More Gun Shows
    Broadcaster’s vendetta against second amendment intensifies

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    December 19, 2012

Following its decision to cancel the hit gun show American Guns in response to the Connecticut school massacre, the Discovery Channel has signaled that two more firearms-based programs are set to be axed.

Despite admitting that Sons of Guns has enjoyed “pretty solid ratings,” Discovery Channel spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg indicated to the New York Times that the show would not get the green light for a new season.

“All I can say is, it is not on the schedule and it is not on the schedule in the near future,” said Goldberg, responding “There is no data that I am aware of,” when asked if the show had been renewed.

Sons of Guns is a reality show that centers around Red Jacket Firearms, a Louisiana-based company that manufactures custom firearms. The show occasionally features gun-enthusiast celebrities such as Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, who recently appeared on the program to test fire a fully automatic M4 assault rifle.

In addition to the demise of Sons of Guns, the Discovery Channel also announced that firearms enthusiast and musician Ted Nugent would not be returning to the channel in any form.

“After Friday’s devastating massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the spokesperson said that Nugent would definitely not be returning to the Discovery Channel,” reports Raw Story,despite claims by Nugent and the NRA that his one hour special, Ted Nugent’s Gun Country, was set to be made into a regular series and that “there will be at least a dozen shows a year.”

As we reported on Monday, the Discovery Channel announced that the popular reality show American Guns will not return for a third season, following complaints that it was “inappropriate” to broadcast the program in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook elementary school shootings because it made “buying/owning guns seem fun, glamorous, even normal.”

A Discovery Channel spokesperson added that the fallout from the massacre “has really started something,” and that even repeats of the show would not be aired.

In targeting pro-gun shows that teach people how to exercise their rights for cancellation, the Discovery Channel has taken a firm stance against the second amendment and is implying that the mere discussion of guns is now off limits.

Hollywood is also at the forefront of the attempt to make the second amendment a taboo subject. Scenes featuring guns have been cut from the new Tom Cruise movie Jack Reacher, while the premiere of the Quentin Tarantino film Django Unchained has been postponed

Shooter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.