Gunco Forums banner

Cheaper Than Dirt has stopped selling guns!

4K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
The read that title right. CTD has stopped the sale of firearms while they "review their internal policy". Gun control is closer than ever folks. Meanwhile as many of you know Freedom Group is up for sale. This is some scary stuff..

here is the announcement from Facebook earlier: "Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

Dont buy anything from them! We need companies that will stand behind our Constitution and defend freedom! Oh and by the way P-MAGS are now $59.99 instead of the usual $12.99. Screw you CTD!

#32 ·
Yea i would agree, i just got the same email. Email sounds like they are trying to sell it as a totally unrelated thing, they were just taking a quick pause from firearm sales to update some internal policies, no biggie.

Pssh. They got CRUSHED by people calling and emailing telling them how their new policy was BS!

#34 ·
just got a e-mail from CTD they will resume selling firearms to FFL dealer once they sort out there procedures
SCREW THEM. I WONT EVRY BUY A THING FROM THEM AGAIN. WHAT PROCEDURES??? SOME ONE ORDERS A GUN THYE SHIP IT TO A FFL AN THAT FFL RUNS A CHECK. WHAT WILL CHANGE???????????????????????????/ ASIDE FROM THEY WILL LIKELY TRY TO CASH IN ON THE FRENZY.

#36 ·
Here's the email they sent out if anyone is interested, I'm going to guess no one is though

December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at The Shooter's Log.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

#38 ·
Yup the site clearly said "Cheaper Than Dirt does not sell guns". Never said anything about being a temporary policy change. Then that stunt with $14 P-Mags jacked up to $60... Sorry CTD. Maybe now you will learn where knee jerk reactions got you in the long run.

Keep trying to pull crap like this and your income will soon be paid by our taxes as opposed to our wallets.

#39 ·
December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at The Shooter's Log.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

MY EMAIL TO THEM .

SO BECAUSE YOUR BUSY AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME YOU FELT THE NEED TO STOP SELLING FIRE ARMS???????? DID YOU STOP SELLING EVERY THING ELSE YOU WERE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING OUT THE DOOR?????????????????? HAVE YOU RAISED PRICES DUE TO FRENZY OF A KILLING ????????????????????. MY UNDER STANDING IS YOU JACKED UP THE PRICE OF P MAGS FOR THE AR 15????? WHY???????????????????

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOUR TRYING TO CASH IN ON A TRAGEDY AN AT THE SAME TIME SHIELD YOUR SELF FROM POSSIBLE MEDIA ATTACKS FOR SELLING FIRE ARMS AN SUPPORTING THE NRA AN THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

WERE NOT STUPID WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE????? ASIDE FROM HAVING TO SHIP TO A FFL AN LOGGING THE GUN OUT OF YOUR BOOKS WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT YOUR SHIPPING A GUN VS A SLEEPING BAG?????????????????????????. WHAT IS IT YOU WOULD POSSIBLY NEED TO CHANGE IN YOUR SYSTEM DO SUCH A STUPID THING AN GIVE THE MEDIA SOMETHING TO USE AGAINST US??????????? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO REVIEW????????? I'M SURE EVERY ONE WHO ORDERED A GUN WOULD UNDERSTAND THATS THIS TIME OF YEAR AN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION WITH A SHOOTING WOULD SLOW YOUR SHIPPING AN HANDLING DOWN SOME . BY YOU NOT SELLING YOU HAVE HAVE LET YOUR LONG TIME CUSTOMERS DOWN AN FORCED THEM TO GO ELSE WERE. YOU HAVE MADE THERE LIVES HARDER. NO ONE BELIEVES YOU FOR A SECOND.
THIS REPLY IS POSTED ON EVERY WEB SIGHT I'M A MEMBER OF. YOU HAVE LOST ME AN MY FAMILY'S SUPPORT. I PLACED A $300 ORDER FOR NON GUN STUFF ELSE WERE AN WILL BE RETIRING THE STUFF i BOUG FOR XMAS GIFTS. I HOPE YOUR COMPANY FAILS AS OTHERS SEE YOU TRUE COLORS.

IF YOUR GETTING A GUN SHIPPED IS DELAYED 72 HOURS BECAUSE OF THE ADDITIONAL PAPER WORK REQUIRED ( THE ONLY DIFFERANCE I CAN SEE VS NON GUNS) THEN IT WOULD MAKE SENCE TO HIRE AN ADDITION PERSON OR TWO NOT CEASE FROM SELLING DURING THE LIKELY TO BE THE BUSSIEST GUN SALES TIME IN HISTROY . YOUR BUISSINES STRATIDGYS MAKE NO SENCE AN YOUE EXCUSES ARE AN INSULT TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT AN THE NRA.

WITH DISGUST . FORMER CUSTOMER

--- ---------

#42 ·
CTD has dug themselves into a real hole.

But, I think they know that the BAN will shut down the business they pretty much handle in which to survive.

There are so many good and honest business people out there to work with. So, these cats may be throwing in their towel soon.

#43 ·
I wish I'd got the $79.00 Suomi kits I had in my shoping cart before they emptied it for me. Drums & mags too.

Where can I get a fair deal now on Suomi drums & sticks??

I have way more kits than mags in only this case. I think I'm set otherwise.

#46 · (Edited)
I would bet CTDs weapon sale business was but a small part of their income.
Hell I bought a lot of items from them that had nothing to do with guns.
Now, as Coils posted, they flopped back again, I guess and will sell guns.
All they had to do was say "Out of Stock."
Whoever the brain wit who posted "Suspending Sales" was, should not get salesman of the year..
Not just this forum, CTD your on every forum for caving.. Your reading this, join and tell us what happened, only takes one minute.
Or are the "Men in Black" holding a gun too your heads..
Millions of "former" customers await your reply..

#49 ·
Bitme an idiot.. Dear God for real, I pray every day for Nappies health..
God forbid anything happens too him, Biteme takes over.
Think we have problems now, watch that show.

#50 ·
They ARE a Gunco sponsor. Let's not cut our own throats here?????

HMMMMM ILL RESPECTUFULY DISAGREE HER. SEEMS THAY MIGHT BE WILLING TO CUT OURS. IF THE CRAP THERE SAYING WERE TRUE THEY COULD HAVE JUST NOTED THAT GUN SALES WERE SLOW TO SHIP DUE TO DEMAND JUST LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE HAS AS WELL AS JUST LIKE THERE FOR THERE OTHER PRODUCTS AN FIXED WHAT EVER ISSUES THAT WERE DELAYING GUNS VS NON GUNS . . ID BEEN HAPPPY WAITING 7 DAYS LONGER VS NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY ONE AT ALL.

IT HAS OCCURED TO ME THAT MAYBE THERE IS A NOTHER ISSUE AN THAT SOMETHING HAS STOPED THEM FROM LEGALY SELLING GUNS AN THEY HAVE NO CHOICE. JUST A THOUGHT.

IM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP MY VALUES BECAUSE A SPONSOR LOST THERES . IMO SOME THING STINKS HERE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.