Gunco Forums banner

Cheaper Than Dirt has stopped selling guns!

4K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
The read that title right. CTD has stopped the sale of firearms while they "review their internal policy". Gun control is closer than ever folks. Meanwhile as many of you know Freedom Group is up for sale. This is some scary stuff..

here is the announcement from Facebook earlier: "Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

Dont buy anything from them! We need companies that will stand behind our Constitution and defend freedom! Oh and by the way P-MAGS are now $59.99 instead of the usual $12.99. Screw you CTD!

#2 ·
Yup big middle finger to CTD. Just checked the website and it's a for sure thing. Big red letters that read "Cheaper than dirt does not sell guns" when you click on one.

#3 ·
you got to be kidding me? CTD is not selling firearms?

that is wacked!

i rarely buy anything fro CTD due to thir policy of charing additional shipping and so on.

i'll make it a point to buy all my gear elsewhere.

if they don't stand with the 2nd and the constitution --they not get a dime from me.

#9 ·
found it .

http://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt

im not sure im ok with them being a sponsor here anymore?????????????????????????

look on the bright side biggun--CTD will sell you all the AFRICAN artwork you want--no limit!

LOL!

yea i don't know what is going on with them--they still show lowers in stock for the same prices --but you can't put them in the cart and checkout--

i figure their stalling and are going to slap a big fat extra charge on um --

#8 ·
Yup took a lunch brake to the local funstore and they have increased prices on everything in the store. I have shopped there for a good while, bought multiple noise makers from them and they still tried to stiff me on some pistol mags and ammo. That capitalism though so I can't be too mad I just think it's a little rediculous. Oh yeah by the way screw you CTD.

#11 ·
Count me as an ex customer too. Man, I am wondering now if everybody's going to cave into all of this. Sounds like the NRA is already caving in, they are willing to make "meaningful contributions". What does that mean???

#12 ·
Below is the comment I sent to CTD. I had 2 items in my shopping cart when I saw this thread.

"I just wanted to let you know that I visited your face book page before checking out and saw your post regarding firearm sales. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Permanently!

You either support lawful firearm ownership or you do not. It is clear to me that you do not and therefore I will NOT support your business."

#14 · (Edited)
Danbury, Conn. (CBS CONNECTICUT) – Dick’s Sporting Goods, one of the biggest sports retailers in the world, said it has removed all guns from its store closest to the Newtown, Conn., shootings, and is suspending the sale of semi-automatic rifles nationwide.
Dick’s Sporting Goods Suspends Semi-Auto Gun Sales Nationwide « CBS Connecticut

Rather ironic, as AKs and AR15s are already "Not" for sale in Connecticut.. So they stopped selling something they are not selling?
See yah "dick head" Boycott...
Just got off the phone with my sister, who owns our family home on Long Island sound.. Just to the south east, of this terrible incident..
Those in mourning, local news CT..
"Please stop your agendas, PLEASE, leave us alone."
The antis are so on this sickening terrible tradgey.. The people are begging them to leave them the hell alone.. PLEASE antis stop..
Friggen animals all.....
R.I.P. little ones, you are not forgotten..

#26 ·
I believe there is something much deeper to this whole issue than meets the eye... Either they are being payed-off, or they are being threatened.

#16 ·
Used to buy all my 7.62x39 ammo from cheaper than dirt. Not no more. According to some, I am a Troll, but maybe CPD should be eliminated from advertising. I sent an E-mail to them and point blank asked them if they have stopped. No response Their line was awfully busy.

#21 ·
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
Top, can not miss it..
Hey cheap dirt? Did you get a chance to buy those 3 or 4 hundred pre 64' Winchesters for your personal collection from Uncle Marv, before he passed..
Pretty sure it was yall called.. Whatever..
What are you going to do with all those guns you have sitting there, melt them down and make a statue?

#22 ·
I've tried twice and get an error message that my post is too short. Who can I foward their E-mail to?
If your putting the email into quotes you need to add atleast a four letter word outside the quote area, the forum doesn't see a quote as a post for some reason.

#24 ·
CTD will probably start selling guns again in a week or so ....but at much higher prices. That will also include ammo, magazines, and etc.,

They would be stupid to stop selling guns as they have too many products for sale that are association with guns.

Don't be to surprised at the higher prices. After all, you have now been forewarned.

#27 ·
my local gun shop doubled the prices if P-MAGS to $30 a piece, shortly after CTD upped their prices. Looks like every gun related retailer is going to do the same.

We're in dark times my friends..

#25 ·
Here we go again. No quotation marks but this is the quote. Cheaper Than Dirt is suspending the sale of firearms effective immediately. We are reveiwing our policy internally and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories. thanks. Scott Down. Product technition. Cheaper Than Dirt, Inc. 5724 NE Loop 820, Ft. Worth, Tx 761006. phone 817-378-5100 ext 285. Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.