Thread: Midway has ammo order on "hold"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Midway has ammo order on "hold"

My wife ordered me 1000 rnds 55 gr 223 fmj for reloading the night before the school shootings as a Christmas present. They were in stock when she ordered, but now they are on "hold". Tryed to call but was on hold forever so we gave up till tomorrow. hpoe its just a F-up and they arent caving like some.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So we just ordered 1000 from Brownells. Got order conformation so all is good, exept had to dish out 50 bucks more than Midways. Different brand, had to order 10 boxes of 100. o well.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So they sent an e-mail today saying they oversold by 2 (the exact number of items we ordered,2 boxes of 500 rnds) and your credit card has been credited with the amount of purchase. WTF? No backorder, nothin'. I dont think they ran out just before they filled my order. The items were in stock when ordered. Maybe it was an f-up, but it sounds fishy to me.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    So they sent an e-mail today saying they oversold by 2 (the exact number of items we ordered,2 boxes of 500 rnds) and your credit card has been credited with the amount of purchase. WTF? No backorder, nothin'. I dont think they ran out just before they filled my order. The items were in stock when ordered. Maybe it was an f-up, but it sounds fishy to me.

Was reading a thing about this earlier that the computerized inventory system most merchants use cannot handle the sheer volume of orders that are pouring in.

Brownells apparently sold 3.5 years worth of (sales wise) of just magpul Pmags in a 72 hour period last weekend.

CDNN has completely suspended online ordering due to the volume.

I don't think anything fishy, just that they are probably swamped due to the high volume of the holiday season and the massive panic buy at the same time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Classic Arms and J&G Sales have either sent email notices or posted on their home pages that they are swamped and not answering phones and stock is depleted on most items like semiauto rifles, mags, ammo, etc. SG Ammo is out of everything and they closed up shop a few days early before their listed Christmas "vacation". What sites do have anything left have jacked up prices. I went through a somewhat high end shop and put out a chunk of change for a 5.45 VEPR conversion (most everything from AR to AK is sold out).

Should be tough getting anything for a few months now. I was at a couple shops and they were answering the phones with the same conversation "we're sold out" and "don't know when we are getting anymore".
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

my last spam can of 7.62 x54r from SG arrived yesterday It was ordered on saturday and shipped out monday, I don't expect to be getting more.
    Apex's computer is down, but they took a parts order for me last night
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.