Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To put on the Books or wait

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default To put on the Books or wait

Im sitting on a bunch of AR lowers, AK flats, PKM Semi receivers, and KP44 Receivers. With the up and down attitude of the possible gun ban what is the thoughts of sitting on "Non FFL" parts VS finishing them and getting them into the books as "Pre-Ban, Grandfathered" items. The down side is they are then "Taxable" stock VS parts.

Thanks
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WITH THE AK STUFF ID GET THEM REGISTERED YOU CAN ALWAYS DEMILL AN PUT ON HOME MADE.

NO TELLING HOW THIS IS GOING TO GO, IM GOING INTO FULL BUILD MODE. ON EVERY FLAT AN 100% RECIVER OWN. ILL BE DOING WELD BUILDS IF I NEED TO.

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH ALL MY MILLED AK, SUNOMIE AN STEN KITDS I WANTED TO MAKE IN MY LATER YEARS I SURE DONT HAVE TIME TO BUILD THEM ALL FAST. ESPICALY THE SUNOMIES AN STUFF WERE THERE COSTLY AN LABOR ENTENSIVE.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

As far as the Feds go, the receiver is the firearm. Any 100% receivers you have, have already had a 4473 done on them and are on the books.
    As far as your flats go, just bend them up, presto, they are now a receiver/firearm. No need to actually finish them right now. Your state laws may vary though.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    WITH THE AK STUFF ID GET THEM REGISTERED YOU CAN ALWAYS DEMILL AN PUT ON HOME MADE.

NO TELLING HOW THIS IS GOING TO GO, IM GOING INTO FULL BUILD MODE. ON EVERY FLAT AN 100% RECIVER OWN. ILL BE DOING WELD BUILDS IF I NEED TO.

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH ALL MY MILLED AK, SUNOMIE AN STEN KITDS I WANTED TO MAKE IN MY LATER YEARS I SURE DONT HAVE TIME TO BUILD THEM ALL FAST. ESPICALY THE SUNOMIES AN STUFF WERE THERE COSTLY AN LABOR ENTENSIVE.
    im getting 4 sten parts kits this week , they are pretty easy to build, my buddy has built a few and i watched. you should keep em forsure

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

GRANDFATHERED - you had better fight this so that term isn't something we must deal with.

Let's be clear - the "other side" has had PLENTY of time to polish their turd of a plan. If and when it ever does get enacted, and it looks like it probably will to some degree, you can be damned sure that "grandfathered" won't be something you can rely on.

Although "Shall not be infringed" is still the word of the land...

That's why you need to get off your ass and do something NOW! Write your representatives. Tell them that We The People aren't the problem, that they are barking up the wrong tree. Fight for your rights. A shame you must, but you have to do it.

We need to quit thinking "well I have my stash so to hell with the rest of the world" - I'm guilty of it too - and start raising our voices. We've been too silent for too long.

We've been too quiet for too long - IF we let our voices be heard it can go well for us. If we remain silent then we deserve anything that happens to us! Remember Zumba or Zimbo or whatever that guy's name was? Remember when he said that he can't see why anyone needs to own those "TERRORIST GUNS"? Remember how fast EVERYONE in the industry dropped their sponsorship due to the backlash? We can make a difference. We just need to try. Or have we already given up?

Feedback Score

HCP, you are right. I wish everyone would get out of this panic mode BS and figure out some ways to make your voice heard over the propaganda coming out of the boob tube. It's not helping our cause to rush out and buy more guns, rushing to build your kits so you think they will be grandfathered, and talk of burying them in the back yard! A lot of people have given up already and figure this is a done deal. I don't think it is.

There are a lot of common sense things that can be done. Lots of folks don't want to hear it though. I always thought it was nuts that anybody could walk into a gun show and buy guns and ammo with no background check. I don't know whats the deal with that in other states. In the swamp here I always had a background check at a gun show. And they call Louisiana a backwards state. I'll get some flak over this too. I don't think FTF selling is a good idea as well. You don't know who you are selling this weapon to. Could be the next mass murderer. I have sold a couple of guns this way and was pretty nervous about it all when some really wacko looking dudes showed up to buy them.
    I know people that have records and legally cannot own guns but that does not stop them from getting them. They just buy them off people selling FTF.

I know none of that would have prevented an evil sick kid from stealing his moms guns and doing the terrible things he did though. Better gun locks, safety training, and maybe mandate that you have to have a secure safe to store them in. I do know the gun free zones are just an open invitation for these losers though.

I do know that if this passes it is just the beginning. The larger agenda is to disarm this nation completely. Just look at what has happened in other countries. You can't even own a pump shotgun in Australia! Shoot a burgalar in the UK and they lock YOU up!

IMHO the major battle we face is a lot of gun owners. The Constitution has been bashed and trashed so much that they don't even know the real purpose of it or why the revolutionary war started. It started because the redcoats came for the weapons, not over some damn tax on tea!

I was talking to one of my suppliers yesterday ordering material, got to talking guns. Found out he's a big gun collector. Has dozens of guns. He tells me he has no "assault weapons" and that NO ONE should own one. He says nobody should be able to have a fully automatic weapon like that! WTF Just blew my mind. I guess he's watched too much TV over the years and heard about the evil "assault weapons" and thinks they are talking about automatic weapons? All I could think of at the moment was a saying that this old black guy I worked with had. When you're ignorant, you are ignorant.

Everyone please spend as much time writing your representatives as you are spending rushing to buy, build, and bury!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Pelosi talked about "assault magazines" in an interview. WTF is an assault magazine?!?!?!?!The Left is trying to get horrible, scary words into the sheeple's living rooms as fast as they can to keep the momentum flowing. Forking bitch!!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

That is their plan. If they repeat these buzz words enough people start to believe it. At least she called it a magazine and not a "clip" this time.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the Feds go, the receiver is the firearm. Any 100% receivers you have, have already had a 4473 done on them and are on the books.
    As far as your flats go, just bend them up, presto, they are now a receiver/firearm. No need to actually finish them right now. Your state laws may vary though.
    I DISSAGREE. A RECIVER IS NOT REGISTERED AS A RIFLE OR A PISTOL AN THERE IS NOW WAY TO DEFINE WHAT ITS GOING TO BE. IF YOU NEED TO REGISTER IT IN THE FUITRE IF CERTAIN WEAPONS MUST BE REGISTERD IT NEED TO BE IN THE CONFIGUTRATION YOU WANT IT. FOR EXAMPLE IF THEY AOUT LAW ASSULT STYLE WEAPONS YOUR NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO CONVERT A PUMP ACTION AK INO A SMEI AUTO AN YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BUILD A BARE RECIVER THAT CAN BE ANY HTING INTO ONE EITHER. I CAN BUILD THOSE RECIVERS INOT PUMP ACTIONS AS WELL AS PISTOLS A SWELL AS SINGLE SHOTS . IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PRE BAN SEMI AUTO YOU BETTER HAVE IT DOCUMNETS AS SUCH BEFORE ANY BAN. IMO

SEEMS LIKE I RECAL PREBAN AR RECIVERS NOR BEING ALLOWED TO BUILT INTO SEMIAUTO WEAPIONS WITH ASSULT STYLE FEATURES ALST GO ROUND. THERE WAS A THREAD ON THIS AWHILE BACK AN THE KERNEL HAD SOME INSIGHT.

IF THEY WERE BAN ALL SEMIAUTO AKS OUT RIGHT AN DEMAND THERE FORFITURE OR WHAT EVER. ILL BE PLUGING UP CAS PORTS AN BUILDING SINGLE SHOTS AN PUMPS ON WHAT I HAVE. .

IN FACT IM NOT EVEN DRILLING THE PORTS ON WHT IM GOING TO BE BUILDING RIGHT NOW.

I SUSPECT AT A MINUME WERE GOING TO SEE MANDITORY REGISTRATION OF OUR RIFLES AN NO MORE FACE TO FACE SALES. I THINK WERE GOING TO LOOSE HIGH CAP MAGS FOR SURE IF ANY LAWS GET PASSED. I THINK WERE GOING TO SEE MORE LAWS ABOUT STORING ALL FIRE ARMS .

IM NOT SURE HOW LONG BEFORE THIS STUFF CAN GET PASED OR INTRODUCED???????????????/

RIGHT NOW IM TRYING TO GET A REVIVER BUILT FOR EVERY TRUNION I HAVE AN IM TRYING TO GET A BARREL FOR EVERY ONE. HOME BUILDS ARE A UNKNOWN. IF THERE IS A GRAND FATHERING IN OF THESE WEAPONS THERE LIELY GOIG TO HAVE TO BE REGISTERED AN THATS GOING TO REQUIRE THERE MARKED WITH THE INFO NEED FOR SUCH.

THE WHOLE IDEA OF ILL JUST BUILD IT LATER AN SAY I DID IT 10 YEARS AGO IS NOT LIKELY GOING TO FLY.
    I DONT KNOW HOW THEY WERE HANDELED DURING THE LAST BAN BUT IF ITS GOING TO BE PRE BAN YOU LIKELY GPOING TO NEED TO PROVE IT.

I WISH I HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO JUST BUY 100% RECIVERS FOR EVERY THING I HAVE JUST INCASE AN IM BETTING NDS IS SWAMPED WITH ORDERS RIGHT NOW. I HAD BARREL FOR ALL MY KITS ALL ASSEMLED THEN I COULD DO A WELD BUILD ON THE RIVET PIECES OR A U DIRVE BUILD PRETT DAM FAST IF I NEED TO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im getting 4 sten parts kits this week , they are pretty easy to build, my buddy has built a few and i watched. you should keep em forsure
    AHHH YOU CARE TO GET INTO SPECIFICS OF YOUR BUILDS??????????????????????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.