Thread: Letter to your representive from AK forums

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Letter to your representive from AK forums

The AK Forum L.L.C. - View topic - OPEN LETTER TO ELECTED OFFICIALS ~ GUN RIGHTS

I don't know if its acceptable to cross post from other forums but i just got this e-mail
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Here it is an the op form that site is asking for it to be shared. imo we need a petition like this as i have said in anohter thread i started., instead of maiing it to our reps ifeel we need a petition an force rthem to respond.
    http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mai ... 26&type=ML

Cut and paste the letter below (edit if you so desire) and send as soon as possible.

I also ask that if you are members of other gun discussion boards, please take this letter and ask the System Administrator of those gun boards and do the same thing we have done here. WE NEED TO ALL DO THIS ON A NATION WIDE SCALE.

We are in the fight of our lives my friends....God help us all.

================================================== =====================

Dear Elected Official,

It is my understanding that the President of the United States has decided to take on the issue of Gun Rights for Americans as a result of the recent tragedy in Newtown Connecticut. The President has appointed the Vice President of the United States to lead an administration-wide effort to curb gun violence in America, and has vowed to use “whatever power this office holds” in efforts to prevent “more tragedies like this” referring to the massacre that occurred in Newtown Connecticut.

The Mainstream Media continues to portray that all Americans are asking for gun control as a result of the massacre in Newtown Connecticut. That is not true. A recent Gallup Poll showed Americans feel that an increased police presence at schools, increased government spending on mental health screening and treatment, and decreased depiction of gun violence in entertainment venues would be effective in preventing mass shootings at schools. I encourage you to research this as you draft the way-ahead on curbing gun violence in America.

As my elected official, you will undoubtedly be asked to participate on committee in order to draft a way-ahead to solve the problem of gun violence in America. As my elected officials, you will undoubtedly be asked to vote on potential bill(s) that may affect my gun rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America. Specifically, the Second Amendment which reads:

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

As a law-abiding citizen of the United States of America, it is imperative that you not infringe on my right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the United States Constitution written by the Founding Fathers. It is your responsibility as my elected official to dutifully represent the will of The People, correctly interpret The United States Constitution, and diligently reflect on court cases throughout our proud history as you draft the way-ahead to curb gun violence.
    There are approximately 65 million gun owners in the United States who enjoy the protection of our Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment protects their right and the right of every citizen to legally own and operate guns. This right has been protected in courts over the course of a hundred plus years.

The Supreme Court recognized that the right to arms is an individual right in U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876), Presser v. Illinois (1886), Miller v. Texas (1894), U.S. v. Miller (1939) and U.S. v. Verdugo-Urquidez (1990). In U.S. v. Cruikshank, the Court also recognized that the right pre-existed the Constitution. Most recently in 2010, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment, which forbids Congress from infringing the right to keep and bear arms, also applies to state and local governments.

Since our inalienable rights include life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, we cannot exercise those rights if we are not safe. Self-protection and the ability to fight against tyranny are core values our Founding Fathers believed and embedded within The Constitution. They envisioned a citizenry that must protect itself. The Second Amendment guarantees my right to protect myself and my family.

Attempts to institute a Ban on certain types of weapons is nothing short of telling the American People what type of guns they can own as it pertains to the Second Amendment. What will you do next? Tell the American People what kind of religion they can practice as it pertains to the First Amendment?

Those who oppose our Second Amendment would like for us to believe in a government that protects its people. They would like to strip peaceful citizens of their basic right to safety in an attempt to achieve safe neighborhoods. However, a vibrant democracy demands that we protect ourselves, because we are the embodiment of democracy and government is but our tool. Further regulating gun ownership only affects law-abiding citizens, resulting in criminals operating guns.

As a law-abiding citizen of this great land, it must be said that the focus should rest upon education and the enforcement of current laws. Gun safety education has lowered accidental deaths to less than 1% of all accidental deaths. Therefore, those who willingly use guns irresponsibly must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    As it can be seen, there are choices we must face individually and as a nation. If we decide to give our government too much control, we will be making it an arbiter for determining our fate instead of helping us to determine our own fate. Restricting every citizen’s freedom is a dangerous proposition with grave consequences.

Do we want a larger government that envelopes our lives in the name of safety or do we want a smart government that helps teach us to be responsible and free? Some people believe that we can only be safe when government inhibits our basic freedom, making it harder to protect ourselves. This is a government that evades issues of personal responsibility, holds the actions of criminals against those who are law-abiding, and regulates our lives for us.

Our other choice is that we fashion a smart government that helps teach us to be responsible and free. The millions of Americans who support this view believe that we can only be safe when we are informed of the issues and make decisions for ourselves. These Americans know the danger of fashioning a powerful government and a weak citizenry. Reflect on the war that was fought against England to attain our freedom; remember what risks our Founding Fathers took to obtain a free society and a government that was not intrusive.

I ask you, which government would you rather fashion? Which government helps you to be free?

Reflect on our gun laws and future bills thoughtfully, as the consequences of your decisions will affect the civil rights of every inhabitant within our United States of America. As a constituent, I can make this promise to you…I will donate time and money for campaigns in every upcoming election. I will donate time and money to participate in every grass roots effort to defend the Second Amendment. I will donate time and money to pursue every legal course of action against those who attempt to infringe on my right to keep and bear arms.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Respectfully,

YOUR NAME

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

another good site ( face book they have a petition some were there.

IM WONDERING IF A THREAD THAT LISTS ALL THE POOLS AN PETITIONS GOING ON WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA???????????????? SOMETHNG THAT CAN BE PASSED ALONG TO ALL GUN BOARDS???????????

Feedback Score

Here is a link to find your representatives. Click the map and there are contact forms. FLOOD THEIR INBOXS There are phone numbers and faxs listed too.

Contacting the Congress: A Citizen's Congressional Directory
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Smile Guys shorter letters are better

Hey Guys shorter letters / correspondence are more likely to be read and responded to. Here is a draft that is much shorter and to the point. I just sent this as drafted by MAC to all my Florida elected officials. Feel free to cut and paste. Don't hessitate do this NOW!!! EITHER WE STAND UP NOW OR WE KNEEL FOREVER......
    will6970

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Much better will6970,, I was going to say the same thing about the other letter. It's way to long and likely as not to be ignored.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

About 5000 people standing in his front yard would be even better.

gun owners need to get off there ass.

WI was looking at making helmets required for motorcyles a few years back an a lot of biker groups showed up at the capitol it made a differance IMO.

personaly I think the NRA needs a march on DC. they need to raise there voice some .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Contacted my Senators yesterday with my own words but the jist was the same. I urge you all to contact your elected officials. The threat of getting voted out of office opens eyes and ears.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Its a great idea to write your elected officals, when they truly care about those they represent. And yet on the other side of the coin there are those who dont give a damm once they are in office. I can prove this by a current situation that I have going on in my personal life, that not only effects myself but every single person in this country!

After writting the Presendent of the United States on there site, a copy of the letters was sent to the elected officals in my State, and guess what I have never heard from the White House ( which by the way When I sent the letter it was stated that someone from the White House Would respond to my letter as would the elected officals in my state. Now for the funny part which I do not find funny one bit! I have never yet heard from any representive of the White House, The Commander in Chief, or the Elected officals in my area concerning the letter I ghad written, Which by the way had to do with Medicare Fruad, Violation of a Federal Law that was passed that is called the , Self Determination Act. The only thing that I ever received is I was added to a politicans mailing list!!!! who left office right after the election!!!!!. Dont get me Wrong its good to write but werite everyone you can! & make as much noise as you can for your cause.
    I have been threatened by Attorneys that they will file against me for liable I sure wish they would because I would be very rich! Since Im quoting in my law suit the very findings of wrong doing not only by the records of the party Im sueing, But also The State Authorties who conducted an offical investigation including one federal agency.
    So for including the above but its my way of showing that once you place someone in office the majority of them could care less itsd all about the money and power. There are many Gun Rights Organaztions join and sign thier petitions, second In mho Sign every pro second amendment petition that is against the infringement of your rights.
    Remember the second Amendment dose not specify what kind of Arms You Can Keep and Bare. Im willing to help in anyway I can and I will sign petitions for our rights and causes. There are so many things that can be done, they are also talking about Vets who have PTSD about loosing thier rights also. As long as they are not a danger to themselfs or anyone else let them have thier guns! these people espically fought and served for this country & now if they are placed in a certain catigory ther rights are gone!
    Not being a Bareier of bad news but just about every combat vet has some form or another of PTSD, Remember Grandpa, who never talked about being in the Army when You asked, or even your dad ( if your that age ) But he taught you how to Hunt & Fish and guess what grandpa never snapped or went off, well except a trip to get a whoopin when I screwed up! but again that is diffrent. My main point is make as much noicse as you can but with Tact , and Persistance and use the court system as well. it only takes five persons with the same problem to start a class action law suit!!!sure it may get thrown out but it gets peoples attention.Dont Let the Goverment do what they want remember they work for US!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.